Dark Force Possession

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Dark Force Possession

Postby Thoul » Fri Nov 2, '07, 7:24 pm

We know from Phantasy Star I and Phantasy Star Online that the Dark Falzs gains power by possessing people. Do you think this would also be true for the other Dark Forces? That is to say, did the PSII, PSIII, and PSIV Dark Forces actually take possession of someone's body as Dark Falz did?

Rika mentions that Alys seems like she was possessed by an evil power after the Zio encounter. Could this be similar?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Heikabuchi » Sun Nov 4, '07, 5:41 am

While it would seem plausable for DF to posess people in PS1 - PS3, I think that once Palma exploded the posession would be pointless. I think that PD was just waiting for the next 1000 years to pass so that it could escape from its realm. Since Dark Force had done its part, that is to say, destory Palma, Dark Force would have no major role to play by posessing anyone.
And As for Alys... It would be a cold day in hell before Alys would ever get posessed. I'm almost sure that she'd kill herself first.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Nov 4, '07, 6:39 am

You left out Seth? Was he not possesed or not real? Or maybe I'm just clueless again. I think that he did have possesion on PS3 at one point though, I vaguely remember it, but then again I am very forgetful.
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Heikabuchi » Sun Nov 4, '07, 3:47 pm

Lol. Poor sparky. >_> But um.. Actualy, Seth was Dark Force. Dark Force had taken on a human form which explains why Seth was using evil skills such as Deathspell and Corssion.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby Shinuzzo » Sun Nov 4, '07, 4:41 pm

Well, Seth could have been just an archaeologist who could have died trying investigate the Soldiers' Temple. Of course, it would have to happen quite a while ago since no recognizes him.
Shinuzzo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 25

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Nov 4, '07, 6:15 pm

But, Alys gets a spell called Death? She wasn't dark force, or was she....? Hm, that would make more sense, though, since Seth kinda vanishes...
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Mon Nov 5, '07, 4:04 pm

And As for Alys... It would be a cold day in hell before Alys would ever get posessed. I'm almost sure that she'd kill herself first.

I think that's actually what did happen. She fought off the illness (or possession) until she saw that Chaz had hooked up with Rune, then she died rather than succumb to the evil.

Well, Seth could have been just an archaeologist who could have died trying investigate the Soldiers' Temple. Of course, it would have to happen quite a while ago since no recognizes him.

One of the people in Krup did say there were monsters on the island for quite a while. I think Seth might have been a real person at one point, but if so he's fully taken over long before he appears.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby newsblade » Thu Mar 6, '08, 11:14 pm

Well, Seth could have been just an archaeologist who could have died trying investigate.

I think Seth might have been a real person at one point

Yes, why would he have a profession and a mustache?

So:

- Nightmare can control people's mind (like he did with Zio).
- DezoForce can control people's body (1 month after theire deads).
- SethForce can control a person's body (but can walk freely)
- CyberForce can control TIC
- PD can control other DF which control...

In short: DF controls, possess things depending of its function. Or simply DF are Prophallus (the empty base of DF) who became characterized (like Cyber, Nightmare, etc.) by what they are possessing at that moment.

Now the question:

Some DFs (Nightmare, "PD", DezoForce) seem to have a power called "the black energy wave". We know that in all the cases, the black wave "instantly" kills people. Reshel or Meese (I don't remember exactly) was the first time the black energy wave was used. Because of that we were able to learn that after a month of being killed by that black wave people would turn into zombies. Will Alys and people from Mile turn into Zombies?

We know they didn't because they have defeated Nightmare and PD in less than a month for each case (basing on the fact that after defeating DezoForce, all zombies disappeared)... but would they turn into zombies if weren't for that? Or different black waves do different things? (besides death, of course)
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Thoul » Fri Mar 7, '08, 3:03 am

I don't think the black wave kills people very quickly. There was an illness in Meese and Reshel, just like Alys was ill before she died. I think it works more like a virus - the body can try to fight off the effects and stronger people are able to resist it more. Rune and Rika both felt the Black Wave, but they didn't get sick because their bodies were able to fight it off.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Celeith » Fri Mar 7, '08, 6:40 am

it also makes me wonder if Alys woulda lived if Chaz and them would have run to fight against Zio instead of back to her.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Next

Return to Classic Series