Dancing With The Stars

There's lots to talk about on the smaller screen.

Postby Thoul » Wed Nov 21, '07, 4:01 am

Probably Osmond, I imagine she's the most popular.

On a related tanget, I saw a commercial for a Dancing with the Stars video game for the Wii the other day. I imagine the remote will make that quite interesting.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Nov 21, '07, 4:50 am

Yeah, I have seen the commercial for the DWTS on the Wii game system. It looks like fun. I hope someone doesn't injure themselves playing that game, though, lol.

Update on tonight's DWTS results show. Jennie Garth was eliminated tonight, which leaves Marie Osmond, Mel "Scary Spice", and Helio, left to dance in the finals next week, I think it is. Looks like a great show.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Neithird » Wed Nov 21, '07, 8:54 pm

:lol: Dancing with the Wiimote? I can't see how that would work well. Do they expect you to tape it to your feet or something? :rofl:

Out of the remaining contestants, my money is on Marie Osmond. Say, how many times has this show run now? They should be getting close to having enough people for a champion edition where all the winners come back and face off.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Nov 24, '07, 1:04 am

Neithird wrote: Say, how many times has this show run now? They should be getting close to having enough people for a champion edition where all the winners come back and face off.

Neithird, did you see Larry King Live the other night when the guests were the DWTS stars on a program where Mario Lopex (ex-DWTS) hosted for a missing Larry King? They did actually make a comment about all the past stars coming back for a tournament. I don't know if they really intend to do this or not or if it was just a off the wall comment, but after hearing that, it would not surprise me at all. It was sure a surprise to me, You must have a crystal ball to have figured that one out. :wink:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Nov 27, '07, 6:38 am

Neithird wrote::lol: Dancing with the Wiimote? I can't see how that would work well. Do they expect you to tape it to your feet or something? :rofl:

I really don't know that much about the Wii or how the game system works, so I really can't say. In the commerical the guy seems to be holding the controls in his hand and be dancing away. I don't know how this will do with people who can't dance a lick. :wink: :lol: It does look like fun, though.

And, as for DWTS, the finale was tonight in the dancing category. The voting is underway for the last time and the winner will be chosen tomorrow night. I can't wait for the final show and seeing who will be the winner, but it is also sad because it will be the last show until next season. Sort of bittersweet, if you get my drift. :blank:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Neithird » Fri Nov 30, '07, 12:27 am

I didn't see the Larry King show. I just figure that if Jeopardy can have champion shows, a Dancing contest like this could as well. The winners in each season are presumably the most popular of the dancers, so getting them all together should be money in the bank. ;)
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Jan 9, '08, 9:34 pm

I just read an interesting bit of info on the TMZ. com site. They say that Hulk Hogan told them that his daughter, Brooke Hogan, has been auditioning for "Dancing With The Stars" this coming season. That should be very interesting. :yes:

Really, though, I'd like to see the hulkster himself on there instead. I can just see him doing the jive dance right now, lol. :p
Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Feb 19, '08, 6:30 pm

The cast for the new season of "Dancing With The Stars" has been revealed, and they are:

(1)Priscilla Presley - (Actress, ex-wife of Elvis Presley)
(2)Steve Guttenberg - (Actor, "Three Men & A Baby)
(3)Mario - (Singer)
(4)Marlee Matlin - (Actress)
(5)Kristie Yamaguchi - (Olympic Figure Skater)
(6)Jason Taylor - (NFL Star)
(7)Monica Seles - (Tennis Star)
(8)Penn Jillette - (comedy team of Penn & Teller)
(9)Marissa Jarret Winokur - (Actress - "Hairspray")
(10)Shannon Elizabeth - (Actress)
(11)Cristian De La Fuente - (Actor)
(12)Adam Carolla - (Radio Show Host)

It may be an interesting show. I have to say that the ONLY one of these to interest me in the least is Priscilla Presley. I really couldn't care less about any of the others, except maybe Kristie Yamaguchi (I like skating). Oh well, I hope it is more of an exciting season than what it sounds like right now. Guess we will find out when the show starts in March.

I wonder what happened to the report I heard one time that Brooke Hogan, daughter of Hulk Hogan, was trying out for this show?? I guess that fell through, or something. I think I heard she is going to be on another show doing something, though. Oh shucks, it would have been interesting to see her dance.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Wed Feb 20, '08, 12:33 pm

I've never heard of most of these people. I know maybe three of them: Presley, Guttenberg, and Jillette. It should be interesting to see Penn out there trying some of those dance moves.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Mar 18, '08, 7:56 pm

Well, the new season of "Dancing With The Stars" began last night. The men celebrities danced last night, and surprisingly some of them were pretty good. Of course, some of them were not quite so good either, lol.

The women celebrities dance tonight. The show is on ABC and starts at 8 p.m. Check your local listings for times, channels, etc., in your area.

Priscilla Presley (Elvis ex-wife & actress in her own right) will dance tonight. That should be interesting to see.

So far, it looks like a pretty good show. I don't really have a favorite now or anyone that I want to see win. Still, it's good to see the dancing again. I've missed it during the hiatus.

Anyone else watching this show??????

Silver_Surfer1

PreviousNext

Return to Tubular Television