Dancing With The Stars

There's lots to talk about on the smaller screen.

Re: Dancing With The Stars

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri Sep 5, '14, 6:55 pm

CARLTON! That pretty much does it for me.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Sep 17, '14, 6:56 pm

First week of this season "DWTS" is now over and the first elimination was on last night's episode. Celebrity Olympian Lolo Jones and her partner (one of the new dancers so not too familiar with his name yet) were eliminated and sent home. I expected as much after their performance the night before last. She just wasn't with it and danced very badly, imho. I don't know if she missed something at the beginning or what. Oh well, that's one gone. Now it's next week for the rest of them. Oh, and Atlinsmere, Alfonso Riberia did excellent this week. Not sure if he did the Carlton or not, but he had the highest marks of the week! Great dancer. And, the daughter from "Duck Dynasty" was pretty good too. IMHO, the race car driver Michael Waltrip (think that's his name) can not dance too well but he sure is funny with the jokes. Antonio Sabato, Jr., was good but not as great as I thought he might be. Oh well. Links to some videos of the dances this week are below. Looking forward to next weeks episode.

https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-dan ... 19618.html
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Oct 7, '14, 5:24 am

Forgot to update this last week but Randy Couture and his dance partner Karina Smirnoff (sp?) were eliminated last week. :cry:

This week fashion designer Betsey Johnson and her partner Tony Doviloni (sp?) were eliminated tonight. I knew that one was coming.

And, Atlinsmere, this week Alfonso did the Carlton in his dance routine!! Best dance of the night if you ask me. I really think Alfonso may win the trophy this time around. He's very good at dancing.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Nov 26, '14, 7:53 am

Watching the season finale of "DWTS" right now. Only 4 contestants left. I look for Alfonso Riberia (sp?) to win the trophy tonight. Sadie Robertson (Duck Dynasty) would be my second choice. I don't really know the other two gals. Looking forward to the freestyle dances.

Update: Well, show is over with for tonight and one of the couples was eliminated (Derek and his partner lady) which leaves Alfonso, Sadie, and the other lady (don't remember her name) and their pro partners to be in the competition for the mirror ball trophy which happens tomorrow night. Thought it was going to be tonight but they have to wait for all the votes to get in so it's tomorrow night. I expect it to come down to Alfonso or Sadie to win it.

Oh, and Sadie and her partner Mark Ballas did the cutest freestyle dance tonight to the theme of Super Mario Bros. video game. Mark was dressed as Mario and Sadie dressed as a Princess and they had some extra dancers helping them out that were dressed as Luigi and Toad. Awesome video and once it is put out online I will post it here for all to see. Can't wait until tomorrow night to see who wins the trophy.

Update: Alfonso won the Trophy tonight. Sadie came in second place. Here's a video of Sadie and Mark's Super Mario freestyle dance:

Last edited by Silver_Surfer1 on Wed Nov 26, '14, 7:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Icecypher » Wed Nov 26, '14, 8:21 pm

Love it! I would never have thought they would do something like that in those TV shows (I have only watched fragments of So You Think You Can Dance (mostly the ones with Neil Haskell)).

It is amazing how they incorporated moves from Mario and still they left it clear they were dancing. I love the 1-up and the "stars" segment (which is appropriate, given the show).
ImageImageImageImage
Phantasy Star fan art
deviantART - Blogspot
Icecypher
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 63

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed May 20, '15, 11:50 pm

New season of "Dancing With The Stars" begins tonight at 8 P.M. Check your local channels for correct times, etc. This is the 20th season so hope it's a good one. Lots of star celebrities although many of them I have never heard of.

Offhand, I know Rumor Willis, daughter of Bruce Willis and Demi Moore. Looking forward to seeing her and if her parents may be in the audience to see her dance some nights. Suzanne Somers (formerly of "Three's Company" and the self help books, etc., and the current bachelor Chris Soules will be dancing, along with famous song legend Patti LaBelle. Find out more below:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/dan ... d=29676992

UPDATE: I just finished watching tonight's episode of "DWTS" and it was pretty good. Rumor Willis and her partner Val Chermosky (sp?) seem to be the couple to beat this season. They were very good tonight. We'll see how they progress each week though. Rumor's dad, actor Bruce Willis and Rumor's mom, actress Demi Moore, were both in the audience cheering their daughter on, and it was good to see them there. The guy from "Shark Tank" danced fairly well also as did the young singer Ryker Lynch, I think was his name but could be mistaken on that, lol. The guy from "The Bachelor" did pretty good too. Michael Sam was good too. The first elimination takes place next Monday night. Going to be interesting to see who leaves first.

UPDATE 3/3l/2015: First star eliminated last week was RedFoo (I think that's his name) and his partner Emma Slater. Second star eliminated last night was Charlotte McKinney (sp?) and her partner Keo (sp?).

UPDATE 4/14/2015: Last week's celebrity star to be eliminated from the dance competition was Football player Michael Sam and his dance partner Peta.

This week's program saw celebrity star Suzanne Somers and her partner Tony Donolva (sp?) eliminated from the competition. Last night was Disney night with each of the couples dancing to a song from a Disney movie. The costumes were magnificent and the dancing was pretty good. Rumor Willis and her partner did very well and Rumor's dad, Bruce Willis, and mom, Demi Moore, were in the audience once again cheering their daughter on. Great to see them.

Update 5/8/2015: I keep forgetting to update this every week, lol. However, some more "Stars" have left the show since the last update. I don't remember who they all were but I know that Pattie Labelle has been eliminated. That was too bad as she was pretty good for her age and she was always a great performer. This past week was a double elimination and the "Shark Tank" guy Robert ? and his partner Kym were eliminated as well as the guy named Chris who was the previous "Bachelor" and his partner were eliminated as well. This leaves only four or five couples left, I think, including Aaron, Ryker, Rumor, and a girl who's name I can't remember, and maybe someone else. This coming week will be the semi-finals. Not much longer until this seasons shows are done.

Update 5/20/2015

Last night was the finals and last episode of "DWTS" for this season. The stars that made it to the finals were Rumor Willis, Riker Lynch, and Noah ?. Noah came in 3rd place, Riker came in 2nd, and Rumor Willis won the trophy in 1st place. Bruce Willis was in the audience to watch his daughter on this last night as he has done many other nights on the show. I didn't see mom Demi Moore there last night but she has been there many nights also. Rumor is a terrific dancer and I like her. I was hoping Ryker would win as he is a fantastic dancer also. Noah also danced beautifully. Great season and sad to see it end as always, but looking forward to the upcoming season and trying to figure out just which stars they will sign up for that show.

Anyone else watch the "DWTS" finals last night?
Last edited by Silver_Surfer1 on Wed May 20, '15, 11:50 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Sep 3, '15, 2:28 am

So, it is almost time for the new season of "Dancing With The Stars" to begin in a couple of weeks and already some contestants names are being found out. It looks like chef Paula Deen may be part of the dancing contestants this year. Probably more names coming out later as well.

Update 9/2/2015: The entire cast of the new season of "Dancing With The Stars" has been announced. Find out who they are at the link below:

https://gma.yahoo.com/dancing-stars-201 ... 5584.html#

I am not sure who I am going to be cheering on this season yet. Will wait to see how they all do on the dance floor during the first episode and then make my choice.

Anyone else have a favorite from this new group?
Last edited by Silver_Surfer1 on Thu Sep 3, '15, 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Nov 27, '15, 6:51 pm

First chance I have had to post on this but last week was the finals of "Dancing With The Stars", and the winner of the mirror ball trophy for this season was Bindi Irwin (daughter of the late Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin), and her dance partner Derek Hough! Bindi was a terrific contestant from the first night of the show and only got better as the weeks went on!

Second place went to Nick Carter on the group "The Backstreet Boys", and his dance partner Sharna (??). Nick turned out to be a pretty good dancer also.

Third place went to Alek (or is it Alex) and his dance partner (can't remember her name).

Overall a good dance season, and a pretty good finale show!

Can't wait until the show returns with new stars wanting to dance, probably sometime in March!

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Mar 8, '16, 9:39 pm

Celebrity stars and their new dance partners were announced this morning for the upcoming season of "Dancing With The Stars":

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/dancin ... cid=AARDHP

Some interesting star contenders include Marla Maples, ex-wife of Donald Trump the current GOP political candidate. Also newsman Geraldo Rivera should be interesting. Former footballer Doug Flutie, and other athletes and celebrities should all be interesting as well.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Apr 5, '16, 7:08 pm

Last night was an elimination night and actress Mischa Barton (?) and her dancing partner were eliminated. Last week Geraldo and his partner got the elimination. Still a lot of stars left though. Anyone else watching this show this season?

Silver_Surfer1

PreviousNext

Return to Tubular Television