Da Da Da I Don't Love You You Don't Love Me Aha Aha Aha

Get up and move your body to the beat of music discussions.

Da Da Da I Don't Love You You Don't Love Me Aha Aha Aha

Postby MrKite » Sat Aug 28, '10, 6:13 pm

I have had this song stuck in my head all week long. What is the song about? Beats me. The song performed by the german pop band Trio was originally released in their homeland as "Da da da, ich liebe dich nicht du liebst mich nicht aha aha aha" was a hit in 30 countries. The song's mostly remembered here in the USA for it being used in a Volkswagen commercial from the late 90's, but I don't remember ever seeing that commercial until recently. I don't even remember exactly where I first heard it. This song has made me want to track down a Casio VL-1, which supplied the famous video game-like rhythm throughout the song and the simplistic keyboard riff. LOL. I can't find the music video for the english version of the song, only the original german version, which had a part that has really left me disturbed ever since earlier in the week, so instead, here's a clip of them performing/miming the english version of the song on the famous british TV show Top Of The Pops, which I actually think is better and more appropriate for the music because of the atmosphere in this clip:

The singer in the band looks like a gangster you'd see on Miami Vice or something IMO.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Re: Da Da Da I Don't Love You You Don't Love Me Aha Aha Aha

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Aug 28, '10, 8:39 pm

Interesting post, MrKite. I don't think I have ever heard the song so I have no idea what it's about, etc. I can't remember seeing any of those videos or commercials either, but could have and just don't remember them. Also, don't think I have ever heard of the group "Trio", but they do seem to be famous in Germany, etc.

I found this link below on the wikipedia site concerning the group which give some interesting info regarding them, and the song:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trio_(band)
Last edited by Silver_Surfer1 on Sat Aug 28, '10, 8:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Happy St. Patrick's Day ~ March 17, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Da Da Da I Don't Love You You Don't Love Me Aha Aha Aha

Postby MrKite » Sat Aug 28, '10, 11:09 pm

Yeah, I read the Wikipedia article earlier this week. They have an interesting history. Da Da Da was the band's only hit outside of Germany, but I'm surprised that a band like that even had more than just one hit even in their homeland.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Return to Tootin' Tunes