Pets watching TV

Companions of all kinds - furry, feathered, fishy and more!

Pets watching TV

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Aug 1, '09, 9:39 pm

Here's a story of a rabbit that watches soap operas on TV:

http://www.peoplepets.com/news/funny/tv ... =rss-msnbc

I think it would be an interesting experiment to see how many people here have pets, and of those pets, how many of them watch TV.

So, if you have a pet, or know of someone who does, does that pet ever watch TV? If they do, what programs do they watch the most or seem most interested in?
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Pets watching TV

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Aug 2, '09, 12:43 am

My cats don't watch anything specific, but they do occasionally pay attention when the TV is on. Once, one of the cats came running top speed into the living room, and then she skidded into the rug in front of the TV. After nearly crashing into the the desk the TV is on...she stopped and was fixated on Countdown with Keith Olbermann for the next ten minutes or so. It was really funny. :lol:
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Thoul » Sun Aug 2, '09, 5:22 pm

Our cats don't watch it much. One of them used to like watching golf so he could see the balls flying through the air.

When I was young, my family had a cat that would watch the screen when we played Super Mario Bros. This cat would watch Mario moving around and jumping. The kitty would even chase Mario sometimes, grabbing the screen to try to catch him.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby dimples » Sun Aug 16, '09, 11:33 am

Well my dog sometimes watches tv. But I don't think he is all that interested :D Sometimes he likes to watch dog videos
dimples
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Postby AJS » Sun Aug 16, '09, 7:24 pm

I have a border collie that watches TV quite a bit, the other dogs just watch when there are animal noises on. The cats prefer to lay across the top of the TV. :roll:
AJS
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 7

Return to Amazing Animals