Current Events - News Of The Day

Chat about things happening around the world.

Re: Current Events - News Of The Day

Postby Tsunami » Sat Jun 2, '07, 1:43 am

Thoul wrote:From what I saw on the news today, the guy is claiming that no one ever told him how bad it was or that he was contagious. I'm not sure if that's true or just a spin to make him look less guilty. Someone along the line definitely messed up.

He's lucky that his new wife and others who know him didn't catch this, since they have been tested.

I heard, on the news again, that someone can get it and not have it show up on tests for months. So, they could all be infected anyway. :(

I keep getting mixed messages. The media isn't too consistant when it comes to keeping a story straight, you know? And I honestly think that he's just trying to make himself look good, so I have to agree with you there.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Sat Jun 2, '07, 5:48 am

Heh, yeah, consistent is one thing the media definitely is not these days.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Jun 9, '07, 10:09 pm

Last thing I saw on this was that they guy had been tested 3 times for TB and the tests all showed negative. Not sure what is going on here and how all this got started. It's been bumped out of the news though since all this stuff about Paris Hilton has taken over everything . :bored:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Jun 9, '07, 10:19 pm

Well, it seems the Space Shuttle was launched sometime yesterday evening and there already seems to be some kind of problem from what I heard on the news. There is a four inch hole or tear in the thermal blanket of the ship, I think the news reports said. The Thermal Blanket sounds like it might be what helps the ship to cool down on reentry or something. I don't know if it is very serious or not, but given that one ship blew up on reentry, it certainly does seem like cause for concern.

When are they going to build new rocket ships. These ones they are using now are over 30 years old, I think. It would probably be expensive but maybe it would save lives. :idea:
Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Sun Jun 10, '07, 2:17 am

Now, that's something that really gets me steamed. I know they've probably overhauled the internals of the shuttles and upgraded the computers a lot, but there have been way too many accidents on the outside of the ships in recent years. I don't know anything about shuttle building or maintenance, but it seems like it is getting way too dangerous to fly those things.

They need to either replace the ships or take a long, hard look at improving their maintenance standards.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Jul 1, '07, 2:36 am

Heard about the car bombs in Britian yesterday and the one in Scotland today. Thank goodness few people were hurt. It could have been really bad if they had not found these things early and taken care of them. Let's hope that everyone is safe now.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Neithird » Mon Jul 2, '07, 7:29 pm

I haven't heard too much about that... I hope it is over and not just the beginning of a wave of attacks. Didn't they just get a new prime minister? The terrorists are probably testing the waters to see how he reacts to such attacks.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Jul 3, '07, 2:09 pm

Heard on the news this morning that the REAL Dracula's Castle is up for sale! I didn't quite hear how much they want for the place.

Hmmm, that sounds kind of scary and kind of cool at the same time. So, let me ask, would you BUY this castle (if you could afford it) and would you LIVE in this castle if you bought it????

I'd have to think about it awhile. I like Castles, but I'm not too fond of Dracula, lol. Where's my vampire protecting stuff. :p

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Neithird » Thu Jul 5, '07, 8:59 pm

Spooky! There's no way I'd buy that place or ever set foot in it. The real guy wasn't an actual vampire of course, but I don't want to imagine all the nasty things that went on in that place. I mean, the guy really did drink human blood... it gives me the shivers just thinking about it.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Tsunami » Fri Jul 6, '07, 3:04 pm

Neithird wrote:Spooky! There's no way I'd buy that place or ever set foot in it. The real guy wasn't an actual vampire of course, but I don't want to imagine all the nasty things that went on in that place. I mean, the guy really did drink human blood... it gives me the shivers just thinking about it.

On some program that was talking about Vlad III the Impaler (Vlad Dracul, or Dracula) and it said that he may have never drank blood at all; that may have been a rumor that his enemies spread to make him sound more monsterous. :p

However, he did do some very evil things. I can't say that I'd want to consider staying at his castle with that in consideration.

On a side note, the name Dracul meant dragon although his enemies thought it to mean devil. Pretty interesting stuff.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

PreviousNext

Return to Current Events