Current Events - News Of The Day

Chat about things happening around the world.

Postby Neithird » Wed Oct 17, '07, 5:17 am

Wow, I bet China is having a serious :x on that one. I remember reading not too long ago that they want to control religion very strictly over there and consider the Dali Lama an enemy because he doesn't kowtow to them.

Wow, I actually got to use the word kowtow! I thought I never would! :rofl:
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Oct 18, '07, 6:01 pm

Top story in the news for today, Oct. 18, is the deaths and other problems, etc. related to staph infections. This seems to affect everyone and places such as schools, etc.

This sounds very scary folks! Please take precautions, and wash your hands often when needed, etc.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,303237,00.html

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Thu Oct 18, '07, 7:33 pm

Sounds like a nasty business, that does. I didn't see this in the article, but a few minutes ago they were talking about a 4 year old girl that died from this. It's just terrible. I hope no one else dies from this.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Neithird » Fri Oct 19, '07, 5:00 am

Diseases like this are always bad, but even more so when children are a primary target. I saw a map of reported infections on the news today and it looked like it covered a lot of different states, some quite far from others. I hope it doesn't turn into an epidemic.
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Nov 8, '07, 9:00 pm

Several different things going on in the news today, but really not much of anything to speak of.

O. J. Simpson is back in court today for a hearing to see if he should stand trial on the recent charges filed against him. Saw some of this on TV, and it should be interesting to see what happens in court this time, to say the least. Do you think he will "get off" with this criminal charge too, or not?

A school in Virginia, I think, has some students that have come down with a "twitching" illness. Nobody knows why. Sounds weird.

Also some where in the US (I forgot where) there is a cruise ship sinking. I think it ran aground or something like that. Coast Guard was helping passengers off the ship. Gee, that would be scary - evenmoreso if you happened to be a good bit way out in the ocean or something, and especially if you could not swim.

Also, the Reagan Library (Pres. Ronald Reagan) is missing appx. 80,000 artifacts from the Library. Probably papers, etc., I guess. Nobody knows what happened to them either. That's a lot of artifacts. :?

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Tsunami » Thu Nov 8, '07, 9:23 pm

Secret_Surfer wrote:A school in Virginia, I think, has some students that have come down with a "twitching" illness. Nobody knows why. Sounds weird.
I've never heard of anything like that before. :?
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Neithird » Thu Nov 8, '07, 10:12 pm

Twitching? Maybe it is some kind of allergic reaction. It sounds weird.

Also, the Reagan Library (Pres. Ronald Reagan) is missing appx. 80,000 artifacts from the Library. Probably papers, etc., I guess. Nobody knows what happened to them either. That's a lot of artifacts. :?

How can someone misplace so many things? Even if it's just paper, 80,000 pieces of paper is hard to miss!
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Nov 8, '07, 10:12 pm

Here's a link to a news report regarding the "twitching":

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,308958,00.html

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Fri Nov 9, '07, 11:48 pm

That twitching thing is weird. It's probably some kind of environmental factor, like something in the water or such.

Do you think he will "get off" with this criminal charge too, or not?

It's possible. I don't know what he did or didn't do, but it sounds like he was set up by people wanting to sell a story to the media. He may not get off, but the credibility of some witnesses doesn't seem very solid.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Elaina » Sat Nov 10, '07, 12:33 am

How odd about the twitching. As far as the Reagan library, I am sure that those things are missing, accidentally on purpose :rofl:
Elaina
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 1

PreviousNext

Return to Current Events