Current Events - News Of The Day

Chat about things happening around the world.

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Sep 30, '07, 6:32 pm

In the news for today, Sunday, September 30th, there is a massive meat recall from Topps, I think it is, regarding hamburger meat that may have ecoli. I think the dates they gave range from September of last year to the present ( :o ), but not sure on that exactly. I think you can find out more about this recall on the CNN News site or Fox News site.

Also another automobile recall, but I'm not sure on the makes there either, so check that out too. It certainly seems there are lots of auto recalls everywhere in the past few years alone. :roll:
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Mon Oct 1, '07, 11:54 am

I heard about that meat recall. 22 million pounds of meat. That's the biggest recall I can remember ever hearing of.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Oct 2, '07, 4:29 am

In the news for today, Monday, October 1, is that Britney Spears has been ordered by a Judge to give up full custody of her sons and hand them over to her ex-husband within 48 hours.

:duh: Like it wasn't possible to see this coming from a mile away for such a good while now too from her recent behaviour, etc. :ziplip:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Tsunami » Tue Oct 2, '07, 5:44 pm

No surprise with how she's been acting. She doesn't seem to care much for her kids anyways, as she had said before that they were both mistakes... :roll:
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Atolm » Tue Oct 2, '07, 11:03 pm

I do not feel sorry for her in the least, but I do feel bad for the kids. =/
Dark Force: This is the best chocolate cupcake EVAR! *stuffs face*
Atolm
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 27

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Oct 6, '07, 6:03 am

Lots of items in the news for today, Friday, Oct. 5th.

(1) - Those 3000 plus South African miners that were in a cave-in have been rescued.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2007 ... htm?csp=34

(2) - Also, the Duke University Students who were wrongly accused have filed a law suit related to those charges, etc.

(I have mixed views on this one. I think it was wrong that they were wrongly accused, etc., but then I think they were wrong to be caught up in a situation like this to begin with.) What's your opinion?

(3) Also, more recalls today on more toys, and I think Campbell's has a recall on some soup. I think I will start a new topic thread just for recalls since there seem to be so many of them these days. :fiery: Look for that soon.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Oct 10, '07, 9:24 pm

Some sad news for today, Wednesday, Oct. 10, there has been another school shooting, in Ohio this time, I believe. News reports vary but it seems there were one or more teachers shot and possibly a few students, but none life threatening. The shooter is reported to be a 14 year old that was suspended or something earlier and then came back to school with guns and began shooting. The shooter is reported to have been killed. Very sad on all counts. :(

Also there is another strike with the UAW, and I think it is with Chrysler, this time. Best of luck to them on a speedy negotiation and settlement. :yaknow:

One more sad note that I just read a few minutes ago. Today is the 3rd anniversary of the death of Superman actor, Christopher Reeve. He is still very much missed. :tombstone: :cry:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Thu Oct 11, '07, 8:27 am

That's terrible about the school shooting. It's always tragic when that happens. It almost makes me want to support more strict gun controls, but I doubt that would actually help that much.

It's hard to believe it's already been that long since Reeve's death. It seems like it was just the other day...
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Oct 12, '07, 8:58 pm

Big news for today, Friday, Oct. 12, is that former Vice-President (and former Presidential candidate) Al Gore has won the Nobel Peace Prize for his global warming work, etc. Gore has co-won the award with another group. Here's a link to read more:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21262661/?GT1=10450

:o :? :o :? :o :? :o :?

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Oct 16, '07, 11:19 pm

News for today, Monday Oct. 15th, includes The Dali Lama (sp?) in the US to receive an award from Congress, I think is what the news reports said. It seems China is very upset with this too.

It must be a slow news day! :lol: :wink:

Silver_Surfer1

PreviousNext

Return to Current Events