Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Cruel X-Box hoaz
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, '08, 10:57 pm 
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... 069184.ece

Do you think this was just punishment for what the child did, or is it all a cruel hoaz and the parents should be ashamed of what they did instead?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, '08, 2:55 am 
That was cruel... But funny at the same time... And did you mean hoaz (What's a hoaz?) or a hoax? Because the word is really throwing me off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, '08, 5:00 pm 
Ouch....this is a hard call....I mean, sure, it's a good idea for a joke and a punishment for a child who can't resist the urge to take a peek at his gifts, but...I still find it mean to pull it on a child of that age.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, '08, 5:31 pm 
I with Drk on this. If he sneaked a peek at his presents, then okay, maybe a little punishment, but putting a video on the internet showing the kid's reaction to NOT getting the 360 is a bit much. At least he got the 360 in the end anyway, but...geez.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, '08, 10:10 am 
I have to agree. A little punishment is merited, but putting a video online is too much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, '08, 8:04 am 
I'm gonna have to be the fifth to agree that putting the video online was taking it just a bit to far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, '08, 3:14 am 
Trenzer wrote:That was cruel... But funny at the same time... And did you mean hoaz (What's a hoaz?) or a hoax? Because the word is really throwing me off.

Trenzer, and everyone else, that should have been " hoax". :D

I'm with all of you, I think it was cruel to do this to the kid and especially put it online and take the embarrasment even further. There must have been another way to administer punishment without such embarrassment. Glad the kid got the Xbox in the end, but I wonder if he really feels about it the same way as he did. I think all the joy would be gone, or atleast some of it. I could never look at that Xbox without remembering ...... !

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]