Create Your Own Crazy Theories about Phantasy Star

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Re: Create Your Own Crazy Theories about Phantasy Star

Postby SirJason » Tue Apr 13, '10, 2:45 am

Tanith wrote:
SirJason wrote:Also, when the guys age (Rhys/Nial/Ayn) . . . why do they all get the "* star" mustache look?

Yet, why don't the women age? Kind of creepy, unless they're all really CYBORGS!!!

Dun dun DUNNNNNNN!

Hmm . . . good theory.

Also, looking back . . . Kyra for Phantasy Star IV looks like Sailor Mercury's identical twin.
SirJason
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 16

Postby Celeith » Tue Apr 13, '10, 2:46 am

Maybe thats why I liked Kyra's design so much ^_^ lol just kidding.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Snorb » Tue Apr 13, '10, 3:40 am

I was gonna say that about Kyra =p
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby H-Man » Wed Dec 8, '10, 6:10 pm

Monster World from the Wonder Boy games is actually a dome on another World Ship, as is the world in LORD OF THE SWORD.
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby PSjunkie » Fri Dec 10, '10, 6:44 pm

I like the idea of Rulakir ordering his henchmen to Aridia to mess up the weather tower, and kipnapping Maia from Aquatica using Ryuka. I'm pretty sure tech users knew how to use it since all people on the ships were from Palm during the Devastation War, and the lashutians were probably the only ones to keep their arts.

They needed all the weapons to seal away DF, so I reckon all 5 of them were in the final battle, Orakio, Laya, Miun, Siren and Lune.
Orakio and Laya tell Miun, Siren and Lune about their plans and how DF will revive in 1000 years. Lune/Siren could of lost their memory and been manipulated by DF as that's how he operates while sealed away. Orakio, Laya, Lune, Miun and Siren weren't the only people to fight in the Devastation wars, they had many followers so they could also have sealed Lune and Siren away after the final battle vs DF.
PSjunkie
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 30

Postby Zed » Fri Dec 31, '10, 11:27 pm

Mieu's claws

So, what do you guys think. Are they sort of like fighting gloves that she put on or do they extend from her very body, for instance they will retract into her hand when she is not using them? I think the latter would be more practical, yet the equip system of PSIII suggest that it is indeed fighting gloves. Then again, on the other hand I suppose the arms deals of the game could weld new types of steel to the hydraulics manipulating a set of retracting claws. Heck, in theory they should even be able to attach laser to such things. After all if you first have the technology to make laser claws you should be able to attach it to machinery right?

Update:
I just thought of a thing. She would be able to do the upgrades herself, wouldn't she? After all she is a highly sophisticated AI she should be able to do some minor welding and maintenance of herself. Heck, she has to or she'd rust or at least wear down my natural degrading of the steel or other materials (considering she stood for a 1000 years waiting for Rhys, by a lake no less!)
Last edited by Zed on Fri Dec 31, '10, 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Defender Of the Norwegian Empire.
Zed
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 19

Postby Thoul » Sat Jan 1, '11, 11:01 pm

The artwork from the game's rear cover shows Mieu's claws in a retracted position. You can see the tips on the back of her hand. Given the bagginess of her sleeve, I think the claws could be an entirely external device. That would have the blades retracting into something she wears on her arm, instead of actually entering her arm like Wolverine.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Zed » Sun Jan 2, '11, 1:57 pm

Hm good so it seems. I guess I am beat. :) Yet I still like the idea of them being an integral part of Mieu. :)
Defender Of the Norwegian Empire.
Zed
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 19

Postby Thoul » Tue Jan 4, '11, 4:05 pm

Eh, they still could be. All I can say for sure is that they do retract. It's just my theory that they might be entirely external.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Oakley2284 » Tue Jan 4, '11, 4:28 pm

We can see the Rika's claw on one picture and its all external...Maybe its the same thing for Mieu...
Oakley AW2284, on planet Motavia
Oakley2284
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 105

PreviousNext

Return to Classic Series