Create Your Own Crazy Theories about Phantasy Star

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Re: Create Your Own Crazy Theories about Phantasy Star

Postby Thoul » Tue Jan 4, '11, 4:31 pm

Yeah, and there could be more than one type of claw, too. On the Japan box art, Rika has that huge metal monster of a claw. But in game, she's shown with glove-like weapons.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby augmentedfourth » Wed Jan 5, '11, 1:58 am

Keep in mind, though, that Mieu is a cyborg and Rika isn't (obviously). I would think that Rika's claws would almost have to be external but I, too, like the idea of Mieu's being a part of her. I guess it could almost be like the parts that Wren and Demi find in PSIV - they look completely normal until it's time for battle and then all of a sudden, they're attacking you like crazy. :)
augmentedfourth
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 256

Postby Oakley2284 » Wed Jan 5, '11, 3:13 pm

A made a little search about this weapon on different character.I'll begin with Rika...

Quite simple, we see this picture in the beginning of the game :
As we can see, its an external device of claw.

As for Mieu, we can see some picture with her claw too...
Its a little picture, but we can see her claw, and its external too... I found this picture too, its quite the same thing I think

As for Nei, I found this picture :
On the top right, we can see Nei is wearing no weapon... BUT!, we can see below her, another picture of her with her weapon! Its not like the others. Its more like claw on her fingers on something like that...

That was Gryz, for Psalgo ^^
Oakley AW2284, on planet Motavia
Oakley2284
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 105

Postby Zed » Mon Jan 10, '11, 8:28 pm

They say a picture is worth more than a 1000 words. However, considering that Wren is a technician, what is Mieu's profession. I have always presumed she was a fighter/battle cyborg. If so, and go with me on this, wouldn't it make sense to equip her with at least some kind of weapon (beyond and AI filled with nifty martial art moves)? I personally think so. And following that notion wouldn't a punch to the face with razor sharp set of claws be a better way to go than simply suggesting she might go out and buy some?

This sort of brings up another mute point, do we suppose Mieu is uniqe or is/was there a factory once that spewed out the likes of her. Presumably there is/was a factory as there is another (which name escapes me) cyborg with similar appearance in the game.
Defender Of the Norwegian Empire.
Zed
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 19

Postby Thoul » Tue Jan 11, '11, 8:08 pm

Miun? Yeah, I'd say there were probably several Mieu-like cyborgs running around during the original war. In a way, I wish PSIII had included variants of Wren and Mieu as common enemies. PSIV had a lot of random encounter androids styled after Wren. Something like that in PSIII would have reinforced the idea of cyborgs being used as an army.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Zed » Wed Jan 12, '11, 7:43 am

Agreed, that would have made more sense, and yes I meant Miun (she roams the desert world north of the town).
Defender Of the Norwegian Empire.
Zed
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 19

Postby tilinelson2 » Wed Jan 12, '11, 12:31 pm

Maybe they didn't want to make androids looking like Wren or Mieu as enemies to give the impression that those models were powerful, but rare models.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby H-Man » Thu Mar 10, '11, 2:55 pm

Theory: the makers of PSIII were anti-Orakian.

Evidence:

1. Of all the possible ships, only two girls are Orakian (Lena, Sari) while the rest are Layan (Maia, Thea, Alair, Laya in several generations, and two different versions of Kara).

2. Laya was supposed to have been possessed by Dark Force but who ended up being the culprit? Rulakir the Orakian, of course.

3. Both Lune and Siren are supposed to be homicidal maniacs of equal magnitude in this game, but who ends up getting away with more naughtiness? That's right, Siren, the Orakian cyborg. He blows up Azura and kills a bunch of people, including Thea and Ayn, he sets the Alisa III on a crash course with a star, he blows up the Neo-Palm (IIRC). What does Lune do? Destroys Satera, that's all.

I say it ain't fair!
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby Thoul » Thu Mar 10, '11, 3:38 pm

On the other hand, Orakians have more territory. If my counts are correct, they have 6 castles and 5 independent towns, whereas the Layans have only 3 castles, two of which were destroyed. Orakians are definitely the winners when it comes to who controlled most of the ship after the war.

Although, I have to say I would have liked to see some more Orakian girls. With all those Orakian castles we come across in the games, I was disappointed to find most of them abandoned and filled with enemies. Especially when there's a town right next door that seem perfectly safe. I suppose Mieu will just have to count in their place. ;)
Last edited by Thoul on Thu Mar 10, '11, 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby tilinelson2 » Thu Mar 10, '11, 3:56 pm

Not to mention that even Laya being possessed by DF, she ended up helping defeating DF, while Rulakir stood there doing nothing.
Layans can be fighters and technique users while Orakians can't, so that means Layans were superior.

PSIII should be banned :p
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

PreviousNext

Return to Classic Series