Best Music?

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Best Music?

Postby Thoul » Thu Jul 26, '07, 10:39 pm

Which game do you think had the best music? Are there any tunes from the PS games that really stood out for you?

I used to really like listening to Ooze and the PSIV title theme. I usually don't pay much attention to game music, but I enjoyed the rhythm in those two.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Best Music?

Postby Divine Dragon » Fri Jul 27, '07, 12:33 am

PSIV, definitely..

Laughter, Ooze and the Title theme, all 10 fps slower..
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 20

Postby Tsunami » Fri Jul 27, '07, 12:36 am

It's hard to say. Each game had great music, so picking a favorite is difficult.

I'd have to say PSIII, though. I love most of the music in it, and the theme itself is very moving. :) I also like Wren's theme, Skyhaven, Shusoran's theme before you enter the castle, LaShute, and Dark Force's theme. I could keep going, but I'd probably list most of the music in the game... :lol:

Out of the other games, I loved Palma's theme in PSI, Violation in PSII, and a handful of tracks from PSIV. Laughter, Thray, and Dezoris 2 are just a few. :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby The $ Avenger » Fri Jul 27, '07, 12:52 am

My favorite is PSIV's Laughter, also the Title theme, and the intro to PSII. Excellent stuff!
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Celeith » Fri Jul 27, '07, 5:45 am

Her Last Breath is cursed i tell ya cursed >_< i may really love this song cuz even though its sad it just makes you feel diffent ya know. but it's cursed, i wont go into how it is but the last few times i've listened to it something bad happened >_<
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Neithird » Fri Jul 27, '07, 7:21 pm

I liked Organic Beat. I never listed to the music in PS1, 2, or 3 that much. Mainly because of the lack of a sound test, I guess. PS4 had a lot of great mood music for the major scenes.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby newsblade » Tue Jan 8, '08, 3:23 pm

Divine Dragon wrote:PSIV, definitely..

Laughter, Ooze and the Title theme, all 10 fps slower..

OMG! Someone has notice that too? If we configure the sound to 15% less "tempo" the music will be much much better.
I don't know if that was a defect from my megadrive/genesis but I'm glad to listened the soundtrack with that speed (if only emulators had that option...).

Well, my fav tracks are "Thary" and "Motabia".
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby hugues » Wed Jan 9, '08, 12:31 am

The intro tracks from PSII and PSIII are my favorites of the series.

The "best of the rest" in my opinion are:

PS: "Boss" dungeon
PSII: Dezo village, mysterious dungeon
PSIII: overworld, Laya's dome
PSIV: behind the circuit

Overall, PSIII has my favorite soundtrack with PSII not far behind.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby PSP » Wed Jan 9, '08, 1:59 am

PSIV probably. I love the music from all the games, but PSIV has the best compositions. I especially loved the remixes of the PSI themes.

-Corey
PSP
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 20

Postby SparkyIII » Wed Jan 9, '08, 6:44 am

Yeah, I like PS3 music the best. Surprisingly to myself! XD I like Layas world, and "her" palaces, yet if you have her leading the way into one, it gets mad at you cuz youre not layan, if you don't have the layaPndent. XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Next

Return to Classic Series