Counting Zzzs – Another Autumn drawing!

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

Sleeping Autumn

Sleeping Autumn

View Gallery Page

Counting Zzzs – Another Autumn drawing!

Postby Lucas » Mon Jan 31, '11, 5:09 am

I was talking to one of my old high school friends on facebook a few days ago; and we were talking about fictional characters, anyway, some how the conversation got to me telling her about Autumn. I showed her a few drawings I did of her and she requested I do one of her asleep. Dunno why but I thought it was nice new idea so I did. Now I'm showing you guys!

I made sure to include the owlbear again this time all huddled up. I was kinda stumped at what clothes she would wear to bed. Obviously what she is wearing looks very similar to swimwear but I thought considering she lives on the hottest planet in the Algol solar system it would work. I was pretty happy with it overall but her hands don't look right IMO. Anyway this is going to be one of the last drawings you'll get out of me for a while thanks to a certain “Cyclone Yasi” coming my way. Cant say I'll have very many pencils or much paper left once its over. :(

Besides that, I hope you enjoy it. :)
Last edited by Lucas on Mon Jan 31, '11, 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Re: Counting Zzzs – Another Autumn drawing!

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Jan 31, '11, 8:34 pm

Great drawing, Lucas! :clap:

It's always great to talk to old friends and even better when they show interest in what you are doing and give you some encouragement to keep doing projects you are fond of! Also, Thanks for sharing your latest Autumn drawing with all of us too. :yes:

The owlbear is cute in this one! Great choice of sleepwear, especially as you mentioned about it being the hottest planet. I took an extra look at the hands since you mentioned them and I'm not exactly sure what it is about them. Another artist could probably help you out more there since I don't have any artwork experience. Imho, though, I think the fingers might need to be a bit longer in some cases and maybe a bit wider but I really don't know. It's a very restful image. :)
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Lucas » Tue Feb 1, '11, 4:03 am

Thanks SS, I appreciate it

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Thoul » Tue Feb 1, '11, 7:23 pm

Very well done, Lucas. It's always good to get feedback and ideas from friends like that. It's great to see the owlbear in this one, too.

On the hands... well, I think her right (near the owlbear) is a bit too small. The fingers seem too short more specifically. The other hand looks okay to me. Maybe the fingers on it could be a little more thick, but with the style you're using it's rather good.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tanith » Thu Feb 10, '11, 5:30 am

I agree that it's great your friend took an interest in Autumn and even requested new artwork of her in a pose you haven't tried yet (on Autumn, at least).

Plenty of women wear outfits like that to bed, so it didn't seem too skimpy or swimsuit-ish to me at all. Her sleeping owl bear is incredibly adorable, and I like the detail of Autumn pulling at her hair while she's sleeping. It adds to her already fun and spunky character. Yes, maybe her right arm, if you compared it to her left arm, is on the small side, but overall I really like your posing here.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Return to Artwork