The Great Light and Profound Darkness

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

The Great Light and Profound Darkness

Postby Celeith » Thu Jan 17, '08, 4:14 am

this has been brought up many times but as we can tell the great light was a being such as God who created life, and the profound darkness destroyed that life and was eventually destroyed itself at the end of the series. I often wondered if these two could be referred as the sun and the space it lives in. The great light gives life, thus creating a destiny for everyone, the sun, without its light and warmth we would not be able to survive. The profound darkness, lives to destroy life as we know it, sealing our fate in a endless void of darkness. Space, a limitless amount of darkness that stretches on for eternity, much like a endless void that cannot sustain life which much rather ends it..
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Jan 17, '08, 4:20 am

Nice. Has anyone here though ever thought that the creator was just bored one day and came up with this stuff off the top of his head? XD

Quote from CWE:
Awww, no the PD wasn't so tough, Rune cast an Efess behind it, and we all shouted "Look its the great light!" When it turned around to see we hit it from behind. Pretty smart, right....

:lol:
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby newsblade » Thu Jan 17, '08, 5:34 am

Nice. Has anyone here though ever thought that the creator was just bored one day and came up with this stuff off the top of his head? XD

Actually this "fight scene" is not new: http://www.efkm.com/dezoris/pse_ps4.html (they say GL vs PD is an idea from Shining Force)

Space, a limitless amount of darkness that stretches on for eternity, much like a endless void that cannot sustain life which much rather ends it..

It seems that space already existed before that "spiritual life" form division (into GL and PD). But it's interesting because in PS3 there is a ending where we must avoid darkness (a black hole) and another ending where we must avoid light (the sun of that green planet). In this case the light would kill us but the darkness wouldn't.
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Celeith » Sat Jan 19, '08, 2:59 am

who knows, i mean there was so many questions left unanswered even when they finished the series.. if sega is trying to give small answers by these online games then its not really helping any
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Thoul » Sat Jan 19, '08, 4:28 am

I don't think the space/void concept works for the Profound Darkness. I see what you're getting at, using space as a counter to the sun and light. I just don't see space working as well for that. The black hole, or maybe a moon, seems like a more traditional counterpoint.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Phantasy Star IV