Could Rika be related to Espers?

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Could Rika be related to Espers?

Postby Thoul » Fri Aug 3, '07, 1:55 am

During PSIV, Rika displays an ability to sense Dark Force's power, an ability that only Rune shares. Do you think Rika could have made it as an Esper? Seed said he had improved on the original design when making her; maybe he integrated some Esper DNA or training? What are your thoughts on the matter?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Sat Aug 4, '07, 12:16 am

There's definitely something of substance going on there. She "feels" the Black Energy Wave, while someone like Wren doesn't detect anything. I would've liked to know more on the subject. I don't recall her reactions when the Espers are brought into the story well enough to offer a decent hypothesis. I'd think she'd have mentioned if she had been trained in Esper techniques when the party goes to the Mansion. I'd have to say that she has some kind of biological link that she may not be aware of.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby djak » Sat Aug 4, '07, 2:48 am

I somehow doubt that she's connected to the Espers. I think given the nature of her Numan physiology and education through Seed, I think it's just a sense that she picked up. (Kinda like how Raja was able to sense it to--he definitely isn't an Esper.)
djak
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Thoul » Sat Aug 4, '07, 6:19 am

Welcome to the community, djak. :)

That's a good point about Raja. I had forgotten he could sense it as well. Maybe it's something related to the ability to use magic, which is supposed to be genetic.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Celeith » Sat Aug 4, '07, 7:03 am

rika's the complete version of the nei project right? maybe SEED used some data from Neifirst who had been influenced/overcomed/whatever by darkforce and stored that data into her when she was created, thus making it where she can sence the power of the black wave
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Divine Dragon » Sat Aug 4, '07, 2:13 pm

I think .. it could simply be because Rika is part monster and perhaps with that she has a kind of innate increased sense..

Raja I think is able to sense it because he is highly religious, and probably gains something from that. A thing I would only ever think a possibility in a fictional universe, of course. :D
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 20

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Aug 4, '07, 4:35 pm

Hi djak, and welcome to the board! :wave:
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Neithird » Sat Aug 4, '07, 10:36 pm

Yeah, I got the idea that Raja's sensing was from his priestly powers. Rune, and the other espers, could tell it from their magic. Rika... I don't remember her showing any ability for magic like an esper. I have to agree that it is something from Seed's improvements. Maybe an animal sense or a result of Neifirst's corruption, but definitely something Seed included.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby The $ Avenger » Sun Aug 5, '07, 1:59 am

Neithird wrote:Yeah, I got the idea that Raja's sensing was from his priestly powers. Rune, and the other espers, could tell it from their magic. Rika... I don't remember her showing any ability for magic like an esper. I have to agree that it is something from Seed's improvements. Maybe an animal sense or a result of Neifirst's corruption, but definitely something Seed included.
You all have come up with some great ideas, and welcome, djak! I agree with most of this quote of Neithird, and DD and Kaloes about Rika.

Neithird, that would make a lot of sense that Raja would be able to sense it through his priestly powers; the whole GL/PD thing revolves around religion/mysticism. That's a very good assessment of him.

As for Rika, I agree with both the ideas that she received part of Neifirst and that she is part Biomonster. That gives her a couple of connections to the evil side of things.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Atolm » Sun Aug 5, '07, 2:50 am

I do not think that Rika would have any training in regards to being a esper. I just always thought that since she was part monster/animal that she would have had that unique sense.

Man, one thing I like about this forum, everyone thinks deep on such games. It is a nice fresh view. :D
Atolm
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 27

Next

Return to Phantasy Star IV