Could Rika be related to Espers?

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Postby newsblade » Tue Jan 8, '08, 5:28 pm

I think it is because her DNA his from Myau or another musk cat. When we arrive to birth valley they are always saying things like "Somehow, we get a feeling ". So that probably must be an ability of beeing numan (maybe Nei sensed those things as well but there wasn't many anime cutescenes in PS2, right?).
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby newsblade » Tue Jan 15, '08, 9:59 pm

Well, I'm starting to change my opinion about this...

- First, why do they call "Nei" items in PS2 and in PS3? It's related with Nei (NM) project?
- Were Lutz only trying to mess with Eusis feelings like: "are you trying to forget her?...ok, then go get the NEI items and... here, take this NEI sword... NEI ... NEI nei!
- If espers made NEI items, are they in same way related to Nei (NM) project?

Ok, let's see what information we have:
«Before the dark power reigns over Algo, we must get the legendary arms together.» (PS2)
«Nei is the word of ultimate power.» (PS3)
«Use the Nei weapons to destroy Dark Force.» (PS3)

and in PS3 we also have:
«The lost word cannot be revealed until all five legendary weapons are gathered together.»
---some time latter----
«All the legendary weapons have been gathered for the first time in 1,000 years.» (Orakio wars)
«The ancient word of power is the word "Nei." We now give the Grantz technique to Mieu.»

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, maybe "Nei" is the last word against Dark Force. It is a project of creating a massive weapon against Dark Force, an artificial "protector of Algol" with the best DNA (from other protectors, witch in PS2 were Arisa, Myau and maybe Tyron and Lutz) and with the best (usually legendary) weapons (the Nei weapons).
If espers were an involved part in all this... it's very probable that Rika has esper DNA.
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Tsunami » Thu Jan 17, '08, 4:32 am

newsblade wrote:If espers were an involved part in all this... it's very probable that Rika has esper DNA.
I wouldn't be surprised. Rika's interactions with Rune when they sensed the black wave piqued my curiosity. Or perhaps what she felt was an animalistic instinct?
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Re: Could Rika be related to Espers?

Postby Dorrinal » Thu Jan 17, '08, 9:18 pm

Thoul wrote:During PSIV, Rika displays an ability to sense Dark Force's power, an ability that only Rune shares. Do you think Rika could have made it as an Esper? Seed said he had improved on the original design when making her; maybe he integrated some Esper DNA or training? What are your thoughts on the matter?

Thoul wrote:Do you think Rika could have made it as an Esper?

Yes, I believe with proper training she would be able to master magical spells.

Thoul wrote:Seed said he had improved on the original design when making her; maybe he integrated some Esper DNA or training?

I think Rika's reaction betrays her affinity for magic, further evidenced by her strong techniques (inherited from Musk Cat abilities, no doubt). The Black Energy Wave was a "disturbance" in the natural order of Algo, detectable by the people most in tune with Algo's natural energies. That tells me Esper blood has nothing specifically to do with that sense. However, I believe Esper DNA is likely; mixing DNA from a human who didn't have an affinity for magic (or at least techniques) would not complement the biomonster/musk cat DNA. As far as training goes, we have no reason to believe Seed knows anything about Espers or magical training -- only techniques.
Dorrinal
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 11

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Jan 17, '08, 10:39 pm

So wait, Rika's powers of ultimate healing and massively destructive skills aren't magical spells? XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Dorrinal » Thu Jan 17, '08, 11:07 pm

SparkyIII wrote:So wait, Rika's powers of ultimate healing and massively destructive skills aren't magical spells? XD

Magical spells, as in the kind of power wielded by Rune and Kyra. Techniques are spells: I can't quote the Compendium at work, but if I recall correctly Techniques are a type of magic narrow in purpose and easy to perform, that Noah taught to the people of Algo. Her skills seem to have some magic to them, but not necessarily. Disrupt is a little crazy... but Double Slash?

Edit: SparkyIII, I dare you to go one month on this board without using the emote "XD"
Dorrinal
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Postby SparkyIII » Fri Jan 18, '08, 3:44 am

I'll prolly forget but I'll try to do it! Am I allowed to use others, like lol, muahaha, hahaha, rofl, bwahahaha etc.?
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Dorrinal » Fri Jan 18, '08, 4:31 pm

Only when referring to other people's jokes :)
Dorrinal
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Postby SparkyIII » Sat Jan 19, '08, 4:38 am

Yay one day down the line!

SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Tsunami » Sat Jan 19, '08, 8:46 am

Sparky, when the thirty days are up, I expect you to XD like a madman. :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star IV