Major Bands providing game music?

Get up and move your body to the beat of music discussions.

Major Bands providing game music?

Postby Thoul » Thu Dec 13, '07, 11:27 pm

Are there any major, big name musical groups that have provided music for video games? I know a few games have scores by symphonies or orchestras, but what about rock bands or such? I'm mainly thinking of story based games here, not karaoke or similar where music is the main point of the game. Kind of like how some movies will have a song from a band here, one from another band there on their soundtracks.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Dec 17, '07, 6:16 pm

I can't think of any offhand, but surely there must be one or two around.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby SparkyIII » Mon Dec 17, '07, 7:01 pm

There was a concert down here at some theater where a band was going to play all the best video game songs. It was pretty interesting but I didn't get to go.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Snorb » Mon Dec 17, '07, 7:53 pm

I remember Prince of Persia: Warrior Within featured a song or two by Godsmack.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Thoul » Wed Dec 19, '07, 3:16 am

There was a concert down here at some theater where a band was going to play all the best video game songs. It was pretty interesting but I didn't get to go.

I've heard about a couple of things like that too, but I've never had the chance to go to one.

I remember Prince of Persia: Warrior Within featured a song or two by Godsmack.

Interesting, I didn't think there would actually be a game that did have a song from a big band. Prince of Persia does seem like something that would be a good fit for that.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Tootin' Tunes