Content?

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Content?

Postby Sain Cai » Tue Dec 25, '07, 5:26 pm

Oh master Thoul, I was wondering if you were going to put up some other content, such as maps, techs, and character stats in the future? I know website creation and maintenance is a pain and time consuming.
Sain Cai
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 20

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Dec 25, '07, 8:11 pm

I thought we had maps already, just slowly updating. lol
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Sat Dec 29, '07, 3:15 am

Yeah, I've just been really busy with the holidays this past month. I had been planning to make a new map every day and add five or six each week, but there just hasn't been time for it. Once things settle down and get back to normal, I'll be able to resume creating and adding more content.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby hugues » Tue Jan 1, '08, 3:06 pm

I speak from experience when I say map making is a very time consuming process. The PSIII maps I created are free to be reused on other sites (PSCave.com uses them for example) so you can use them here too. I created them during my last semester of college when I suddenly had an abundance of free time.

Someday I'll go back and add treasure chests to the dungeon maps and create overworld maps...
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Thoul » Thu Jan 3, '08, 8:18 am

Thanks, I might use them when I get a chance to work on the PSIII section. It would really save me a lot of time. Making maps is easy and quick at first, but the farther into the game the longer it takes. I started on a Motavia overworld map not too long ago, that's a real time eater there.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Classic Series