iPhone?

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

iPhone?

Postby Thoul » Tue Jul 21, '09, 12:07 am

Lately Sega has been porting several classic games to the iPhone and iPod Touch. Streets of Rage has just come out; Sonic, Columns, and Golden Axe were already available. Do you think they might port a Phantasy Star game as well? If so, would you buy it and which one would you want?

It might be a great way for Sega to bring Phantasy Star: Deluxe Edition to English markets.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: iPhone?

Postby hugues » Tue Jul 21, '09, 2:35 am

I think RPGs that require a lot of grinding are perfect for one of the new mobile phone platforms (as long as you can save at any point while playing). You know, whenever you need to kill a few minutes you can go fight a few battles and over time create a near-invincible party.

The original Phantasy Star would be the easiest to port but the dungeons are a little problematic because you can forget where you are between playings. The overhead view of the other 3 makes them a little better fit in that regard. I think Phantasy Star II would be best overall because you have so many characters you can build up.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Thoul » Mon Jul 27, '09, 11:07 pm

Sega is now asking for game ideas for the iPhone! Check out the Sega Blog post about it and voice your support for Phantasy Star!
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby GoodOmens » Sun Aug 16, '09, 6:12 pm

Yea a iphone version would be pretty awesome imo. I'm on the subway everyday for work so being able to play would be nice :-)
GoodOmens
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 1

Postby Tom » Mon Aug 17, '09, 5:05 pm

It would be a great addition, for sure!
Tom
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 7

Return to Classic Series