New Feature: Achievements

Site and forum news announced on the front page.

New Feature: Achievements

Postby Thoul » Fri Jul 2, '10, 1:26 am

I have added a new feature to the community tonight. We now have Achievements!

Achievements will be a familiar concept to most of you. They are trophies that are earned by completing certain tasks. Currently, Achievements have been granted to everyone who won a Musky award or was the first person to find an Easter Egg during the April egg hunt. Achievements you have earned can be seen at the bottom of your member profile. Have a look at Atlinsmere's profile for a good example.

More Achievements and ways to earn them will be coming soon. I have many ideas for this already, but if you have suggestions for new Achievements, I'm certainly open to those.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: New Feature: Achievements

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri Jul 2, '10, 1:45 am

I feel honoured to get the spotlight. =D

And honestly, I think this a great idea. I feel it will make people more active as well. Honestly, what a nice present on Canada Day.

Some achievements could involve post count, such as reach X amount of posts. Or even, congratulations, you've reached the fifth rank "Explorer"

But those are just small things.

But either way, I think this is a great idea. If I think of anything else I'll be sure to let you know.

EDIT

Just one question, do these unlock anything special besides saying you've done this? If so, what can we expect? Maybeh a secret forum? >.>
Last edited by Atlinsmere on Fri Jul 2, '10, 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Thoul » Fri Jul 2, '10, 1:50 am

Atlinsmere wrote:Just one question, do these unlock anything special besides saying you've done this? If so, what can we expect? Maybeh a secret forum? >.>

Not at the moment, but there may be other features made available later on. I do plan to tie Achievement bonuses into some big future additions to the site. I don't want to give a time frame for that yet though, as I'm unsure of when those additions will be ready.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri Jul 2, '10, 1:54 am

Can't wait (yes I can) for those future updates then. =P

I can tell this forum will last a long time (assuming you can still afford the site costs by then). =P
Atlinsmere

Postby Atlinsmere » Sun Jul 4, '10, 8:34 pm

Another question has peeked my interest Thoul regarding achievements. Will there be some sort of list or leaderboard for achievements?
Atlinsmere

Postby Lyla2284 » Sun Jul 4, '10, 8:40 pm

You're a competitive one, aren't you Atlin? :p That would be a pretty cool idea. Then the top achievers can get some sort of special award or bonus. ^^
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Atlinsmere » Sun Jul 4, '10, 8:46 pm

Well, more or less I was thinking along the lines of more people participating but yes, you could say that I tend to be a little competitive at times. >.>
Atlinsmere

Postby Thoul » Sun Jul 4, '10, 8:47 pm

Yeah, I'll probably add something like that at some point. There is sort of a list like that already, but I haven't made it public because I'm not too thrilled with it. It's just a list of all the achievements and who's found them, not really a good leaderboard type of thing.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Site Announcements