Community Awards to be Held Soon

Site and forum news announced on the front page.

Community Awards to be Held Soon

Postby Thoul » Mon Mar 1, '10, 3:54 am

As we approach the third anniversary of the creation of the Fringes of Algo community and 13 anniversary of the site itself, it is time to celebrate the many people who have contributed to this site over the years. It is my pleasure to announce that we will soon be holding the first Fringes of Algo Community Awards, the Muskies!

The winners of these awards will be nominated and voted on by you, the community members. Nominations will be held March 7 - 13. The top nominees for each category will be placed into polls on the forum, where you will be able to vote for your favorites. Voting will take place during the week of March 14 - 20. The winners will be officially announced on March 23, the third anniversary of the community.

We will have a number of categories for the awards. Each community member will be allowed to nominate up to 4 entries for each category. Details on how to nominate entries will be revealed later this week. To be eligible for nomination in any category, entries must be posted somewhere on the Fringes of Algo website before 12:00 am Eastern Time (GMT/UTC - 5) on March 7, 2010. Since this is our first Muskies ceremony, all content from the creation of the site until that time is eligible for an award.

The categories that will be available are listed below. Others categories may be announced when nominations are opened. I am still open to suggestions of additional categories.

1. Best Single Chapter Fan Fiction
    This award recognizes your top choice of any story posted in the Fan Fiction section that consists of only one chapter.
  2. Best Multiple Chapter Fan Fiction
    This award recognizes your top choice of any story posted in the Fan Fiction section that consists of more than one chapter (or post). This takes into account the entire story.
  3. Best Fan Artwork
    This award recognizes your top choice for a piece of outstanding fan artwork posted in the Fan Art section or the forums. A list of most fan artwork posted in the forums can be found here.
  4. Best Forum Game
    This award recognizes your choice for the top topic in the Forum Games section.
  5. Best Introduction Topic
    This award recognizes your choice for the top topic in the Introductions section.
  6. Best Avatar
    This award recognizes your choice for the member who has the most impressive avatar.
  7. Best Signature
    This award recognizes your choice for the member who has the most interesting signature.
  8. Best Fan Game
    This award recognizes games created or altered by Phantasy Star fans. Eligible Fan Games can be found in the Fan Games Downloads, Emulation Patches Downloads, and Fan Games Forum.
  9. Best Download
    Even though most of the downloads were posted via my account and have the name Thoul on them, a great many were created by other members of the community. This award recognizes the best work available in the Downloads section of the site. Fan Games and Emulation Patches are not eligible for this award, but all other downloads are eligible.
  10. Most Successful Discussion
    This award recognizes your choice for the best discussion topic on the forums. Non-discussion topics or topics that fit into another award category (such as Forum Games, Fan Fiction, or Fan Artwork topics) are not eligible for this award.
  11. Fringer of Excellence
    This award recognizes an outstanding member who you feel best illustrates the qualities that the community values. Kindness, sharing knowledge in a productive manner, things like that. You don't have to be a Phantasy Star expert to receive this award - just a great community member. (Site Staff - that being Thoul - is not eligible for this award.)

Anyone that would like to enter additional signatures or avatars for the Best Signature or Best Avatar categories can do so in a thread created for that purpose.

Winners will receive bragging rights, a notation of excellence on their member profile/topic/whatever, special Golden Muskies graphic (similar to that above), and maybe other prizes that have yet to be determined.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Community Awards to be Held Soon

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Mar 2, '10, 3:37 am

Haha! Sweet! Funny thing is, I just submitted some stuff fer entries... >.>

WEll either way, Good Luck everybody! May the best man/woman/it win!
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby DrkTr14ce » Wed Mar 3, '10, 8:42 pm

May the best person win. And I'll try not to get my hopes up for the Best Fan Art Category, since it's the only one I've got a chance of winning in.
Greetings to you all. I am Kahrne Annabelle Lee, a Level 6 Sprite Artist.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 36

Postby Lamanai » Wed Mar 3, '10, 9:07 pm

Haven't been here in quite a while (hehe, oops... ^^;) but saw the recent email and just wanted to pop by to say this is an awesome idea. Good luck to everyone who gets nominated! :clap:
Lamanai
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 11

Postby Darkil » Thu Mar 4, '10, 1:30 am

Good luck to everyone involved
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Lucas » Thu Mar 4, '10, 3:24 am

Good to see you again Darkil.

And yes good luck to everyone. :wink:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby luke » Thu Mar 4, '10, 12:04 pm

even though i don't post here very often (thank you e-mail), i should win every category.
cooper, today you remind me of a small mexican chihuahua
luke
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 9

Postby Celeith » Thu Mar 4, '10, 8:15 pm

Glad to see a few familiar faces, may the best person win..
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Tanith » Fri Mar 5, '10, 3:13 am

"Muskies" is a great name for the awards. I motion that the word "ploudly" somehow be incorporated into the awards ceremony, and that honorable mentions get a laconian pot. Or a laerma nut (which will still take up room in your inventory even if it's inside the pot). :wink:

In all seriousness, this sounds like lots of fun. I wish I had been around three years ago!
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby newsblade » Fri Mar 5, '10, 5:35 am

I must say this is a very original and attractive idea.
Congratulations for the initiative and good luck to everybody!

Just a side note regarding "to absent members" subject: I do come here every day and read most of the topics/posts, but unfortunately didn't had the time to reply with the minimum quality of information (except today and in the next few days that I'm absent of work due to a surgery I have been submitted).
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Next

Return to Site Announcements