Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 9, '09, 6:50 pm 
An interesting article and information on the anticipated 2010 release of a new Batman Comic, etc.,

http://www.usatoday.com/life/comics/200 ... titialskip

Any Batman comic fans here on the board???

PostPosted: Wed Dec 9, '09, 7:59 pm 
I was just reading a bit about that this morning. The descriptions given remind me a lot of old comic stories I read years ago. Caveman Batman, pirate Batman... all that sort of stuff has been done before. I like Batman, but I have to say this story doesn't really draw me in. I'm too jaded to characters "dying," being replaced, and returning, with it all continuing as if nothing ever happened. After the fifth time, it got old.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, '09, 11:57 pm 
Well to me Bruce Wayne will always be Batman so I'm glad to see he's coming back. Strange thing is, DC is using the guy who wrote the story that had Batman "die" in it, come back and write this "return" story. I'm a bit dubious on how "epic" [in this guy's own words] that this story will actually be.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, '09, 10:38 pm 
I'm pretty sure they planned for the same writer to do the return story early on. From what I know of how comics are planned out, the major stories like these are outlined a year or two in advance. That gives them plenty of time to do the writing, art, and marketing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, '09, 10:56 pm 
I read more manga than comics, but I love Batman; he's my fave superhero, mostly because he's just a normal guy (though rich) with issues.

;)

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]