What are your plans for Thanksgiving?

Celebrating all those special times in each year.

What are your plans for Thanksgiving?

Postby Thoul » Sun Nov 23, '08, 6:55 pm

Since it's coming up this week, what are your plans for the Thanksgiving weekend? Celebrating with the family, shopping for deals, or something else?

My family usually has a good dinner on Thanksgiving day (with enough turkey to last through the weekend). We put up our Christmas tree over this weekend too, most of the time.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Nov 23, '08, 7:21 pm

Doing a lot of nothing, mostly. My grandmother is coming to visit, and there are some things I need to do here at home over the week. Otherwise, it's going to be gaming, reading for fun, writing stuff for grad school applications, and work on my thesis. We always have a good dinner on Thanksgiving, there's already a turkey in the freezer. Cats will get the innards like they always do.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lemina » Mon Nov 24, '08, 2:13 am

I'm going home from college to visit my family. Too bad that my Thanksgiving break is so short--it only lasts from Wednesday to Sunday. D:

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Nov 24, '08, 3:49 pm

Wednesday to Sunday? That's pretty lame. Thankfully, I get the full week off. But really, do they expect most students to actually attend those two days of classes? The first two years I was in college, we also only got Wednesday through Sunday off, and the Monday/Tuesday classes were pretty much empty because everyone skipped anyway.
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby Lemina » Mon Nov 24, '08, 5:40 pm

I've heard my fellow classmates saying similar things, and I think that the teachers know it too. My school actually used to have classes on Wednesday morning too--but they canceled those because the teachers would just individually cancel their classes. :P

Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Nov 24, '08, 10:36 pm

Probably staying home that day and trying to catch up on some stuff. If I'm lucky, I may get to play some video games or wait till later in the weekend for that. We'll have the traditional Thanksgiving Day dinner and then maybe take a nap. :p
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Schala Zeal » Tue Nov 25, '08, 3:02 pm

I get to go home for Thanksgiving-- for two days. D: Then I get to go to my dad's for a couple days. ^^ I look forward to spending some time with the family! My puppy is all grown up now, so I look forward to seeing him. Of course, I look forward to seeing my mom, my dad, my sisters, my other puppy, and my kitty. =) ...It's too bad that I have to study over the break; I have a final the Monday when I get back to school. D:
Schala Zeal
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 21

Postby Heikabuchi » Tue Nov 25, '08, 3:15 pm

I'm planning to spend Thanksgiving with my father. =) This Thanksgiving marks the 2nd year that we've been re-united, to it's pretty special! =D
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Nov 25, '08, 4:06 pm

Schala Zeal wrote:It's too bad that I have to study over the break; I have a final the Monday when I get back to school. D:

A final that soon after that break?! :o That's a bit early. Or does your school run on a different schedule from the more-or-less normal one? Or is it just that class? But to throw a final at you the day you get back is a little bit much.

Wolf Bird

Postby Lemina » Tue Nov 25, '08, 10:46 pm

^ Our school pretty much has the Finals week right after Thanksgiving. Then we're turned loose for Christmas break. :yaknow:

Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Next

Return to Holidays