Vitamins

Warning: Talking about food might make you hungry. ;)

Vitamins

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Sep 12, '08, 9:13 pm

Do you take any extra vitamins, or do you just think you get everything you need from the different foods you eat?

I never really thought of it much, but since so many foods have nutrition labels or panels on them today, it is very easy to see exactly what vitamins, ingredients, etc., is actually in most of the foods we eat.

I try to eat a lot of foods with iron in them (leafy green vegetables, etc.) since I am a little anemic. I suppose there are iron supplements I could take, but haven't really found any I like yet.

How about you? Do you pay attention to the nutrition labels on different foods, etc.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Lemina » Sat Sep 13, '08, 4:08 pm

I take supplements when I actually remember that I have them lying around. XD It's not like I don't eat enough: I just don't eat enough fruits, vegetables, and dairy. Calcium is the probably the biggest deficit that I have, namely because I'm lactose intolerant and I refuse to drink soy milk and the like. I might be low on magnesium too; I'm kind of twitchy and I don't know where to find magnesium naturally.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Srijita » Sat Sep 13, '08, 4:15 pm

Lemina wrote:I'm kind of twitchy and I don't know where to find magnesium naturally.

[face=Times New Roman]
Nuts, seeds, beans, some leafy green vegetables (such as spinach) and whole grains tend to be good dietary sources of magnesium.

Check out http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/magnesium.asp and http://www.dfwnetmall.com/veg/magnesium-content-foods.htm if you're interested in weight per weight content and % RDAs
. [/face]
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Return to Delectable Delicacies