Claymore

Drawn or CGI, animated movies and shows fit well with the gaming crowd.

Claymore

Postby Lucas » Sun May 2, '10, 3:08 pm

Anybody here into or seen Claymore before? It’s my absolute favourite anime series. The genre it takes is that of Action and Dark Fantasy. Basically without spoiling too much the story follows a female warrior known as Clare (as pictured above) as she travels the lands hunting monsters known as Yoma and trying to exact revenge on an awakened being known as Priscilla who killed someone very special to her. Yoma eat humans and can’t be sensed by humans either. Thus Claymores were created by an unknown organization simply referred to as “The Organization”. A Claymore is a mixture of human and Yoma flesh. They are able to sense Yoma even when a Yoma disguises himself as a person. A Claymore’s methods of hunting usually involve slicing Yoma with the large sword they carry. As you’ll see if you intend to watch the anime the large majority of Claymores are women. The men all transformed into “Awakened beings” far to quickly due to underestimating their limits during battle.

Even though this anime is quite action heavy they still dedicate enough time to reveal character development which was very nice so you get to know the large majority of characters in the show. It also goes into detail on Clare’s past before she became a Claymore and why she did, which is interesting in my opinion. I wouldn’t recommend this anime to everyone though. Lots of the fights involve blood :ill: (red = human blood, purple = monster blood) and some fight scenes may come across as being little cruel to some people. If you are a person who likes anime with * girls, awesome monsters and an engaging story and don’t scare from bloody violence. I highly recommend this anime to you :up: . The manga is also good too and unlike the anime, which is only 26 episodes long the manga is still going with 98 chapters as of now. I’ll say it again this is my favourite anime series. :wink:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Re: Claymore

Postby Thoul » Sun May 2, '10, 7:15 pm

I've never seen it, but I've become curious about it from seeing it mentioned around here. It sounds interesting. I'll have to look it up sometime.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lucas » Wed Jun 2, '10, 3:10 am

Well since I own all 6 DVDs of Claymore (all 26 episodes) I thought I’d upload a few screenshots for you guys to check out. :D

If you’re interested and wanna see a few more let me know. :wink:

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Tanith » Wed Jun 2, '10, 3:27 am

I'll add that the anime is very true to the manga as far as the artwork goes. I haven't watched the anime yet, so I can't say whether it follows the manga closely (though I have no reason to believe that it doesn't). This is a fantastic manga. I'll admit that it was better in the beginning up until the time skip, but I have a feeling it's about to have another upswing. From what I understand, the anime ends at a rather unfortunate spot in the series (don't they all?). I hope they plan on doing more. I love that the series features strong female characters that are not your average anime "mages in miniskirts" (i.e. big-busted, cutesy-poo, silly or overly sweet or naive women).

@Lucas - OMG OMG OMG. I love the stills. I love the use of color in the anime. It's pretty much how I envision the manga if it was in color. Now that I'm caught up with the manga, I plan on watching this.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Lucas » Wed Jun 2, '10, 3:33 am

The anime ends before the seven year time skip. It ends during the carnage of the north. But the last two episodes are original and don’t have much to do with the manga.

A few little things do get left out of the anime though nothing to major really. The animators definitely did a good job with getting it out of the books and onto the TV that’s for sure. :wink:

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Tanith » Wed Jun 2, '10, 3:36 am

Lucas wrote:The anime ends before the seven year time skip. It ends during the carnage of the north.
Butbut... there's more! Oh, I really hope they do another anime series.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Lucas » Wed Jun 2, '10, 3:00 pm

Yeah you got that right. Even the voice actresses during the commentary episodes talk about how they would come back if a continuation was to arise. We can only hope. Thank goodness the manga is still going right?

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby XXXG-00W0 WING-0 » Wed Jun 2, '10, 5:15 pm

Yeah, the anime ends differently to the "first season" of the anime. I hope too that there is a new anime. The actresses are all excellent and several of them personal favorites.

How come you didn't upload any screenshots of Miria?

Bad, bad...
"I'm not an adult... I'M A MAN!!!" Major Ozma Lee--Macross Frontier

You know what not to do because Ceiling Cat is watching you...
XXXG-00W0 WING-0
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 17

Postby Lucas » Thu Jun 3, '10, 1:05 am

XXXG-00W0 WING-0 wrote:Yeah, the anime ends differently to the "first season" of the anime. I hope too that there is a new anime. The actresses are all excellent and several of them personal favorites.

How come you didn't upload any screenshots of Miria?

Bad, bad...

I didn’t upload any of Jean either. She’s one of my favourites as well. I’ll get onto it when I finish work. :wink:

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Lucas » Thu Jun 3, '10, 4:43 am

The “Phantom” Miria as wanted by Wing-0

She’s pretty much the brains behind everything tactical on the battlefield and knows far too much information about the organisation she works for, that revealing it could have her beheaded. Definitely another cool character.

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Next

Return to Awesome Animation