Claymore

Drawn or CGI, animated movies and shows fit well with the gaming crowd.

Re: Claymore

Postby Xander » Thu Jun 3, '10, 10:52 pm

I might just have to get this. They've got the complete set at 50% off on amazon just now. :D
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby Tanith » Fri Jun 4, '10, 6:19 am

May I put in a request for some Isley stills, please?

I love all the screen shots, Lucas. I'm going to make some of them into desktop collages.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Lucas » Fri Jun 4, '10, 12:25 pm

You certainly can. I’ll be happy to get some shots of Isley for you. He’s awesome for the fact he’s a major villain, one of the abyssal creatures and he can still earn respect for taking up a father role toward Priscilla and Raki for a short time. I love his awakened form he’s the biggest Centaur ever. You only briefly see his awakened form in the anime though, which kind of sucks.

Did you want his awakened form as well?

^ he looks cool in this one! :wink:

^ that's him with Priscilla

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Tanith » Sat Jun 5, '10, 3:20 am

Lucas wrote:You certainly can. I’ll be happy to get some shots of Isley for you. He’s awesome for the fact he’s a major villain, one of the abyssal creatures and he can still earn respect for taking up a father role toward Priscilla and Raki for a short time. I love his awakened form he’s the biggest Centaur ever. You only briefly see his awakened form in the anime though, which kind of sucks.

Did you want his awakened form as well?

<snip>Really awesome pics of Isley</snip>
*fangirl squeal* THANK YOU!! These are righteous!! And I really like that one with his fist, too! And YES, I'd love his Awakened form (he's coolest Awakened form in the series). I'm torn, because I feel sorry for Isley and Priscilla. It's not really their fault they're evil. DON'T READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ VOL. 16 YET: I was so upset that Isley was killed off. I'm actually hoping he's not really dead, but I'm not counting on it.

That one of him with Priscilla. *sighhhhhhh* Poor Isley and Priscilla.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Lucas » Sat Jun 5, '10, 11:31 am

At the end of the day it’s the organisation’s fault they become monsters. They’re just expected to be able to control themselves or else they awaken and get hunted down and killed. So it’s kind of a lose-lose situation. I was annoyed that Isley was killed off too (poor guy got eaten by a swarm of naked women).

Don’t read if you haven’t read chapter 99: I was even more depressed when Riful dies in this chapter. Even if she was a little psychotic nutcase I still enjoyed her character. She was a great loss to the series as well.

Here is Isley awakened for ya (sorry but there is no real good body shots in the anime, it happens to quickly to pause in time to capture):
If you want any more shots of anyone else, don’t hesitate to ask. I’ve got a fair few on my computer at the moment from my DVDs.

I just had to upload this one too :lol:

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Tanith » Mon Jun 7, '10, 4:16 am

I LOVE THESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much, Lucas! I'm making an Isley avatar right now, thanks to your screen shots.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Lucas » Tue Jun 8, '10, 1:32 am

You’re welcome. Sorry the second picture is bigger than the rest. I accidentally saved that image on a large screen resolution. Lovin’ the avatar by the way. :wink:

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Tanith » Tue Jun 8, '10, 3:28 am

Lucas wrote:You’re welcome. Sorry the second picture is bigger than the rest. I accidentally saved that image on a large screen resolution. Lovin’ the avatar by the way. :wink:
Hey, the bigger, the better, and thanks for providing the source material for my avatar. I want to do a matching sig, but I'm not sure what yet. I might do something with the pic of Isley's glowing eyes in the shadows. It's so cool.

I recently did something I never do: I read fan translations of Claymore up to chapter 103, and I can't see any way Clare will be able to stop Priscilla at this point, unless it's purely a psychological win. Priscilla's fragile mental state, plus her relationship with Raki are the only ways I can see Clare defeating Priscilla. Otherwise she's totally unstoppable at this point.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Lucas » Tue Jun 8, '10, 10:55 am

That’s what I’ve been doing to. Reading fan translations of the manga right up to 103 at least we both know what’s going on then. You’re also right about Priscilla being unstoppable. I’m sure Clare will pull through somehow it will be in interesting to see what happens between the two actually, maybe the Teresa in her will awaken and Priscilla will freak out and run away or something. Actually I wonder if the outcome will be similar to the anime ending. But I’d rather a different outcome, either way I’m not looking forward the death of either of them if that was to ever occur.

I’m also still eager to know more about the “Dragon Descendants” as well. They’re supposed to be stronger again. Those poor ladies every monster seems to be out to get them.

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby XXXG-00W0 WING-0 » Tue Jun 8, '10, 2:47 pm

Miria! W00t!

Thanks!

I also like Jean a lot... Kotono Mitsuishi is one of the actresses I like the most in that show.

When I originally heard about a Claymore animation I was wondering who they would cast, but when I saw the roster, I literally jumped in joy.

Regarding the manga, well, that's the only way I can read the manga, as it is not being released in my country... And if it is, the distribution majorly sucks... I know, as I frequent libraries and comic stores and have never seen Claymore in them.
"I'm not an adult... I'M A MAN!!!" Major Ozma Lee--Macross Frontier

You know what not to do because Ceiling Cat is watching you...
XXXG-00W0 WING-0
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 17

PreviousNext

Return to Awesome Animation