Classic Video Games that are HOT again!

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Classic Video Games that are HOT again!

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Jan 7, '08, 7:46 pm

Do you enjoy playing some of the older, classic video games and stuff a lot more than some of the newer video stuff out today? If so, it looks like you are not alone. Here's a link with more:

http://tech.msn.com/products/article.as ... id=4105725

Ya know, I really get this! I really LOVE playing some of the older classic games, but I just can't really get in to some of this newer stuff out today.

Give me the classics any day! :clap:
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Jan 8, '08, 2:14 am

We had a party yesterday at golfland and they let us play all of the REALLY old classics for free. XD We played just about every Vs game and pacman, and a couple really strange racing games.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Jan 9, '08, 4:31 am

Oh, I enjoy both old classics and some new games. I spend as much time playing my PS2 and my roommate's Wii as I do playing my Sega Genesis and old games on her Virtual Console and my emulators. One of my pet peeves in gaming is when people try to judge old games by modern standards and say they suck just because they're old.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby LordShibas » Wed Jan 9, '08, 7:11 pm

Do I like classics? Sure I do, it's pretty much all I play. I rarely play new games, but I do buy some newer games for playing at a later time in my life. No way I would pay for old games via VC though. Hah, what a rip off.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby Thoul » Wed Jan 9, '08, 9:47 pm

A truly great game is always fun, no matter how much time might pass. That's my take on the subject. All the flash and prettiness of new games may be nice, but most of them lack the skill factor needed to complete the classics.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby LordShibas » Thu Jan 10, '08, 5:03 pm

Thoul wrote: but most of them lack the skill factor needed to complete the classics.

Like Smash TV
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Return to General Gaming