Video Game Box Art

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

Video Game Box Art

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu May 26, '11, 3:59 am

Found this topic about the art on classic video game boxes. Although some of the games were unfamiliar to me, and there were only a few of them listed here, it was still a blast from the past to see them all. Enjoy!!

http://blog.games.yahoo.com/photos/276- ... me-box-art

Which other video games not mentioned here do you think has great box art?
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Video Game Box Art

Postby Thoul » Thu May 26, '11, 4:14 am

I don't understand calling the list "unforgettable" art when intentionally showcasing less attractive packaging. The Space Invaders art makes me nostalgic for the old Atari days. Maybe the art didn't reflect the game very much, but they had some great covers back in those days.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Bragatyr » Fri May 27, '11, 12:24 am

They were some unusual choices, but the Moonwalker box art was pretty epic. I've actually never seen that before. If I made a list like this the first Mega Man would definitely be on it. Few things in life are as hilariously bad (or as unrepresentative!).

In all seriousness I always thought the first Final Fantasy's box art was pretty iconic. I remember liking Mega Man 5's a lot, too.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby H-Man » Fri May 27, '11, 12:22 pm

None of those covers really knocked my socks off. I was a big fan of the box art of Miracle Warriors, which was very beautiful. I always thought the original Shinobi box art was pretty iconic, too. "Ghosts and Goblins" for the NES and "Ghouls and Ghosts" for the Genesis also had wonderful cover art.
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Return to Retro Roundup