Chupacabra

Companions of all kinds - furry, feathered, fishy and more!

Chupacabra

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Apr 5, '14, 11:29 pm

Some may think this almost unidentifiable animal may be a Chupacabra, but others think it may just be a raccoon. What do you think it is?

http://news.msn.com/offbeat/texas-chupa ... =ansnews11

I had never heard of a Chupacabra before that I can remember. Sounds like a terrifying creature.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Chupacabra

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Apr 5, '14, 11:35 pm

I'm going to with the raccoon with a skin disease that causes the fur to fall out, based on the evidence of where it was found (in a tree, raccoons love trees) and behavioral evidence from the way it was feeding. It seems that a lot of people who find wildlife they can't identify, it just gets called a 'chupacabra'. A simple DNA test would be enough to confirm whatever it is.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby S4Blade » Sun Apr 6, '14, 8:08 pm

I'm guessing that the Chupacabra is some kind of fictitious creature? Like the sasquatch.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby Bragatyr » Sun Apr 6, '14, 8:30 pm

It would be kind of funny if it did turn out to be some previously unknown mammal or something, as unlikely as that seems; there are plenty of precedents in history and science, since science generally tends to use previously observed data to predict future events, and the idea of a black swan was once a laughable one until they actually became confirmed and known in the Western world (since you can't know what you don't know, until you know it).

So yeah. I'm always skeptical, but I'm also skeptical of the ability even of well-meaning science to predict every future event (since it just can't really be done based on previous evidence, black swan theory and everything).
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby myau56 » Mon Apr 7, '14, 1:27 pm

Chupacabra ? I've never heard about this name or animal before !! Strange looking animal indeed but about its nature...I'm not sure at all...
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Return to Amazing Animals