Chrono Series

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

Chrono Series

Postby Neithird » Thu May 17, '07, 9:42 pm

Come on, I know we've got to have some fans of Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross around here somewhere! ;) Which do you think was more fun, and who was your favorite character?

I enjoyed Chrono Trigger the most (on the Super Nintendo - not that horrid PlayStation version). My favorite there was Alya, the cavegirl. She could really do some damage with those fists of hers.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Re: Chrono Series

Postby Triumvirate » Mon May 21, '07, 6:18 pm

I love that series. If I had to pick a favorite I think it would have to be Chrono Cross. It was a perfect sequel (continuation may be more appropriate) of the series. It took the best elements from the old game and put in an even better story and the many enhancements that the Playstation could bring to the game.

I'm just waiting for the next one to come out.
Triumvirate
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 1

Postby Neithird » Tue May 22, '07, 1:15 am

Yeah, I hope they'll make another one soon, too. They do like to take their time in making new installments for this series. :? Given how popular it is, I've never understood that.
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Postby Thoul » Tue May 22, '07, 8:54 am

I like both games about the same. I really enjoyed trying to get all the endings in Trigger. I doubt there has ever been another game with as many different endings as they worked into that one.

Cross is great, too. With all those great characters, I have a hard time picking which ones to use. :D
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Sat May 26, '07, 8:10 am

I didn't get very far in CT, but I loved CC. :mrgreen:

The element system, wide variety of characters, many game endings... Makes it have good replay value, in my opinion. Though I have finished it more than once, I've never done new game plus, mostly because it'd make it too easy and I enjoy the challenge. :p
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Neithird » Sun May 27, '07, 6:00 pm

I like using the new game plus in CT to get some of the alternate endings. It's really needed to get some of the ones that are early in the game. It sure does make the early game enemies weak, though.
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Return to Retro Roundup