Chronicles Of Algo

Adventures in board based gaming.

Re: Chronicles Of Algo

Postby Tanith » Fri Jun 18, '10, 1:17 am

OOC
Atlinsmere wrote:[*]What's sad is a lot of this revolves around one character at this point... my character... >_>
That's not sad! I'm grateful you and Kaloes are good at coming up with the story, because honestly, I'm a little timid about enhancing the plot on my own. Ugh. I'll get better about that.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brigit
The peaceful hum of the airship moving over Motavia put Brigit in a much-needed trance. She hardly slept much as a cyborg, but that didn't mean she never slept at all. She felt her eyelids grow heavier and heavier until she drifted off into a restful slumber.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Celeith » Mon Jun 21, '10, 11:48 pm

OOC
Sorry its been awhile >.<

The ship approached Uzo as the sun rose on the horizon. A new day approached, a day filled with hope, and a day filled with despair. Jakob had a shorter amount of time left and the group still had to find Trey's teacher.

"Why have we docked so far from town?" Celeith asked as the ship came to a halt. The group wondered the same thing. Why did Trey stop the ship on the other side of the island instead of docking at Uzo itself.

"We're going deep below the sea, and that cave over there will lead us to her home." He replied as he pointed at the screen which revealed a cavelike structure just outside the ship.

How far would the group have to go down? The cave was damp and most likely full of monsters, but the group did not have a choice. "Well if everyones prepared lets get ready. Teacher Miakis might not like so many visitors, but desperate times call for desperate measures." He said with a grim look on his face.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Jun 22, '10, 5:03 am

Charlie
"The sooner we get out of here, the better. I'm itching to get back to walking on my own feet," CJ said looking a little pale in the face from the ride.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Snorb » Tue Jun 22, '10, 3:41 pm

"What? It's over already?" Shalelu asked, hoisting her backpack into place. As she adjusted her combat gauntlet and scimitar, she added, "Ah well. We'll have to do it again sometime. ^_^"

She bounded forward, already thinking of what Uzo had to offer by way of adventure and food.
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Tanith » Wed Jun 23, '10, 5:30 am

OOC: Uh oh, long post alert! I thought I'd try to do something interesting this time, rather than let someone else do the hard work. You all are good! :wink:
-----------------------------------------------------

Brigit & Bo

"Trey?" Brigit called out as the group entered the damp cavern. "I don't have a lot of time to explain, but there have been extreme tidal changes around Uzo the last few years. Sometimes the cavern floods unexpectedly." Brigit looked a bit nervous, worrying about the incoming tide. If they weren't in a higher passage in the cavern during the tide, they were as good as drowned.

Bo flew ahead of everyone in the group except the leader, Trey, and used his higher position and his enhanced vision to alert the group to any dangers. He suddenly heard a sound like rushing water. Brigit thought she heard it, too.

"Um, I'm not sure, guys, but I think we're near water," Bo nervously told the group. He concentrated his eyes down the cavern's passage and then let out a gasp at what he saw.

Brigit pushed ahead and focused her eyes as well, switching to night vision and zooming in as far as she could.

"Oh no! A surge!" she uttered, turning to the rest of the group. She quickly looked around and found the passage to her own cave a short distance away. "Please, everyone, follow me; I'll get us to safety!" She motioned for the group to follow her lead as she rushed to the other passage.

The sound of rushing water drew closer. Brigit looked back to make sure no one had fallen behind. She stopped near a rock formation and pressed her hand against one of the stalagmites. An electronic panel was revealed and Brigit quickly flipped a switch, causing the cavern wall to open.

"In here!" she led the group through the entrance and into her cave. A few light switches later and her "home" was well lit. Books and binders filled the shelves and were stacked feet high from the ground, looking a bit like stalagmites themselves. Tables of computers and electronics cluttered the cave.

Brigit took a calculator off her belt and punched in a few numbers. "According to my data collection of this cavern over the last eight years, the surge should only last six more hours and water levels will subside for at least 24 more hours after that, so you all won't have to stay here long. In the meantime," she said as she turned on an artificial air circulator, "make yourselves at home. Nothing's off limits. There's a pantry over there," she pointed to a door to her left. "There are some cots in the loft if you want to sleep, too."

The cave was surprisingly arid, as Brigit had developed a dehumidifying system to keep her belongings from corrosion. She headed to a stack of binders and started flipping through them for information on technique usage.
Last edited by Tanith on Wed Jun 23, '10, 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Jun 29, '10, 7:38 pm

Charlie
"Great. Just what I wanted," CJ spoke out loud, "Flying through the air which I hate, just to be trapped in a room with people I don't like. The only good thing that might come out of this in the end is saving Jakob. But we aren't even sure if we can save him." CJ kicked a small stack of books over.

Jakob
His make shift spear was his only weapon. It wasn't exactly sharp, but he learned long ago that it was just as useful. If he could keep going and nothing changed, then his shelter from before should keep him safe, assuming of course nothing was already occupying it. It was just over the hill in a small valley, protected by wooden gates. However, getting to it will be rather difficult to it, considering he was going through the back way. He just hoped none of his traps were still there.
Atlinsmere

Postby Snorb » Tue Jun 29, '10, 8:09 pm

"Oh, no! Stuck in a cave?!" Shalelu said, slightly distressed. "But... but that means... borrring! T_T"

After a few seconds of sitting in a corner of the cave, she thought, Well, Brigit did say make ourselves at home... maybe she's got a nice staff or something around. I haven't used one in a long while, and it might be fun to practice!

"Hey, Brigit! Do you have an old staff around somewhere?" she asked. "I'll trade you for it- one beat-up combat claw and a slightly rusty scimitar!"
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Tanith » Sat Jul 3, '10, 1:29 pm

Brigit & Bo

"Staff? Oh, um... let's see," Brigit pondered as she went over to an umbrella stand and started pulling out various items. "I never was good at using melée weapons, but I think I have..." she tugged at something shorter than the other canes and rods that were sticking out and finally pulled out a short, metallic rod. "Aha! I knew I had one." She skipped over to Shalelu and held out the pole, but then stopped herself. "Oh wait, I almost forgot. Watch this!" She squeezed the hand grip in the middle of the rod and it extended to a full-length staff. "It telescopes! I was gonna use the telescoping mechanism for something else, but I must've forgotten what it was. I don't know what kind of staff it is, though. It's yours now, and, uh, you can keep the claw and scimitar. I like my guns." She grinned.

Just then Bo flew by over the loft, clutching something that looked like a tree branch. "Hey, what about this thing, Brigit?"

"It's a Force Cane, Bo. Not a staff," Brigit called to the owl, slightly perturbed he was up so high with it.

Brigit let out a sigh and went over to the pile of books CJ had knocked over. She started stacking them when a funny-looking list fell out of one of the journals. It was printed on green paper with silver ink. The handwriting was quite exquisite. How had she not seen this before? She thought she had gone through all of Magnus's journals. Technique Acquisition and Alchemy, the top of the list read.

The hell? Alchemy?? Brigit thought. Before she realized what she was doing, she sat down on the floor and started reading through the entire list of recognizable and unrecognizable "techniques" and accompanying alchemical formulas.
Last edited by Tanith on Sat Jul 3, '10, 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Atlinsmere » Sat Jul 3, '10, 8:14 pm

Charlie
CJ walked over to a wall and sat down. He was thinking of his past teacher. Geoff, his first teacher. The Motavian Rori. The ever so mysterious Magnus. And the now comatose Jakob. He thought of the lessons that each taught him.

Geoff had taught him how to steal, he also told him not to be suspicious after the deed was done, just in case he ever had a reason to return to that town. "Always steal what you need, not what you want," He mumbled, repeating the words of Geoff.

Rori was a strange teacher. Not only did he help CJ learn how to wield an axe. He also taught CJ about the land and how to track and survive on the land. "If it's edible and not poisonous, eat it," He mumbled again smiling as he remembered when he ate a moldy sandwich. At least he was immune to a lot more thanks to Rori.

His third teacher, Magnus. He never did talk much during the time they were traveling together. Out of all his teachers this one was by far his least favorite. He remembered how many hours a day he was forced to train and learn. The first time CJ tried to escape, Magnus stopped him and forced him to train for a whole night, without anything to eat. Probably the weirdest part of his lessons was when Magnus drew symbols in the ground, trying to teach CJ some divine art. Eventually though, Magnus gave up saying that CJ had no talent in the art. Though there are some words CJ will never forget. "Don't be a hero unless you want to die young," CJ found himself mumbling again.

Lastly, his favorite teacher Jakob. He noticed right away all CJ's faults within the first three minutes they fought. He highhandedly disarmed CJ and threw him a pair of knives, leaving himself unarmed. While CJ thought it was stupid of him, he soon found out how wrong he was. For three hours until CJ gave up they fought. Jakob thought nothing of it as he kept knocking CJ down. After that month that they spent together, Jakob had to go on his way, but he did say this. "Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out alive," CJ mumbled.

He lived by those words, those four statements. He called them his rules for survival. "Always steal what you need, not what you want," CJ said again, "If it's edible and not poisonous, eat it," CJ continued, "Don't be a hero unless you want to die young," and with one last breath, he said, "Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out alive."
Atlinsmere

Postby Celeith » Mon Jul 5, '10, 7:08 pm

"Celeith, will you come with me for a moment?" Trey asked his friend as he opened the door. Celeith took a few steps and walked outside, closing the door behind her. "What is it?" she asked.

The water as still high and it appeared like it would take a few more hours before it would subside. "We need to find Master Miakis soon. But I don't think she'll be happy to see such a large group." he replied.

Celeith brushed the hair from her face as she thought for a few seconds. "So why did we all come?" she asked. Trey shook his and began to explain the situation.

"You see, theres more then one pathway down this cavern. Its going to take two groups to meet up with Master Miakis. You and me will meet up with her as soon as the others open the gate down to old Uzo."

"Old... Uzo? What are you talking about?" Celeith replied. "Old Uzo, or perhaps the island as it was before the Great Collapse 1000 years ago still remains down below. Its like you go into a whole different world so to say. When you exit the gate, you are outside, but its clear that you did not leave the cave." He explained to her.

"An artificial sky? Somewhat like a hologram?" Celeith said. Trey nodded his head. "Something like that. Theres a whole world down there, but the sky is clear as day. So far I've never scouted off the Uzo Island when leaving the gate.. But I think if we are to find answers, we'll have to learn more of the world down there then what we will learn when we meet Miakis." Trey replied.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay