Chronicles Of Algo

Adventures in board based gaming.

Re: Chronicles Of Algo

Postby Tanith » Tue Jul 13, '10, 7:08 am

Brigit didn't know for how long she had fallen asleep, but she felt the feathery nudge of her new owl companion as he woke her from her slumber. It seemed like she had been falling asleep a lot lately. What was wrong with her? Hopefully this wasn't something new she could only adjust with her lost keytube.

"Brigit! I haven't heard water for a while, and your alarm buzzed a few minutes ago," Bo told the groggy cyborg girl.

"Hm?" Brigit rubbed the sleep out of her eyes. "Oh! I guess we can move on..." she looked around her cave; she missed this place sometimes, even though she wouldn't end her quest to find Magnus.

She picked up her bag and a few other belongings she thought might be useful. She also reached for Magnus's diary on techniques and shoved it into her bag. She checked the water levels, and sure enough, the path appeared clear, though now quite slippery.

Bo rested on her right shoulder as she opened the main doors and waited for the rest of the group to exit before looking through her cave one final time. "Someday..." she began, but didn't bother to complete her thought as the doors slid shut.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Jul 13, '10, 7:15 am

Charlie hadn't slept at all, he could feel it too. He moved his arm only to feel like his body was creaking. He tilted his neck to the side, his neck cracking as he tilted to the opposite direction. Putting his hands together, he extended his arms forward, his wrist along with most of his finger cracking as well. He began stretching all his joints, trying to lose the tension that had built up over the nights rest.

Had he been alone he would have been training right now, unfortunately though, he was in a room full of people he didn't like. Nor did he feel he should show his ability.

Grabbing his axe and strapping on the rest of his weapons, CJ made his way towards Brigit. With bags under his eyes making him look older than he truly was, he simply said, "When we leaving?"
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Tanith » Tue Jul 13, '10, 7:21 am

Brigit looked at the sleepy thief and was concerned. "Unfortunately, we're leaving now. You look like you could use some sleep, though. Uh, are you going to be okay?"
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Jul 13, '10, 7:26 am

CJ flashed a grin that he wanted Brigit to see. "Never felt better," he said as he hid a yawn. Truth was, he hadn't slept in four days already and he could feel his energy going away. But he just dealt with it. As long as he was with these people, he felt as if his night's would be restless.

Looking in Brigit's hand, CJ noticed a book. It looked strange to him and he saw felt his smile fade. Something was drawing him to the book, but he didn't know what it was.
Atlinsmere

Postby Tanith » Tue Jul 13, '10, 7:31 am

Brigit noticed CJ eyeing the book and looked down at it herself. Of course, she didn't trust CJ very much, but surely he had no need of stealing someone's journal on techniques, right? It would be worth nothing for future bartering.

She narrowed her eyes as she held up the journal. "You interested in techniques or something? This is just a journal, that's all." Another one of the green slips of paper with silver writing fell out of it as she held the book up. It landed on the top of CJ's foot. "Oh, I'm sorry. Let me get that," she apologized as she reached for the paper.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Jul 13, '10, 7:36 am

Looking down at the paper, he couldn't believe his eyes. "Alchemy," was all he heard himself saying. That was all he said as he took a step back in disbelief. It did however confirm a few things he had in mind, but it opened up even more questions.
Atlinsmere

Postby Tanith » Tue Jul 13, '10, 7:42 am

Brigit froze at the word "alchemy." She didn't bother grabbing the paper from the ground as she was too busy studying CJ. Sometimes if she focused on someone long enough she could almost read their minds. Well, not really, but she had been alive long enough to understand all the subtle nuances of human expression that she was more well-versed in body language than pretty much anyone else on the planet.

She wanted to ask CJ a question. The question, but she was afraid she wouldn't get a straight answer.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Jul 13, '10, 7:55 am

CJ shook his head, putting some sense into him. Surely it couldn't be Alchemy. What would Brigit be doing with a book like that. Though it doesn't surprise him as much as he thought. After all she did have this cave full of stuff from over many centuries.

Taking off his bandana, he ran his hand through his hair, the word FATE on his wristband flashing the ceiling. Putting his bandana back on, he simply said, "I'm starting to get the feeling you know more than you let on."
Atlinsmere

Postby Tanith » Tue Jul 13, '10, 8:09 am

Brigit flinched and wished she hadn't. "I... don't know what you're talking about. I know a lot about... a... lot... of things..." she was losing her concentration. "Most of this stuff belongs to my... friend... someone I've been searching for. I'm hardly ever here because I'm out there searching for him. He owes me some answers."

She looked at his wristband. "You're a loner, too, right? Surely you know what it's like to raise yourself, be responsible for yourself. I probably seem wise because I... because... I'm alone."
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Jul 13, '10, 8:13 am

CJ let looked at his wrist, "I am alone by choice, but fate has other plans for me. For all I know, you might be one of them," CJ said. HE wished he hadn't said that, it sounded like a pick up line and it he immediately regretted saying it. But instead he tried to play it off cool by leaning against the wall.
Atlinsmere

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay