Christmas Wish List

Celebrating all those special times in each year.

Christmas Wish List

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Oct 2, '08, 8:12 pm

Hey, it's not too early to start making that Christmas Wish List for this season. Christmas is only a little more than 2 months away. :yikes:

So, what's on your Christmas list this year?????

It looks like a whole lotta people want video games this year:

http://tech.msn.com/products/articlepcw ... &GT1=40000
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby luke » Sun Oct 5, '08, 7:01 pm

i think it's much more fun to get gifts for others. that said, here's what i'm thinking about for the few people i buy gifts for...

girlfriend: i might bootleg a smiths and/or black sabbath shirt along with star trek dvds.
mom: maybe pitch in with my brother and dad to get an ipod nano?
dad: shaving kit? maybe that sounds boring, but a good shaving kit (ie. a brush) makes it so much better. this might be too metrosexual for my dad, though.
brother: ???????

as for me, my parents are helping me out with a flight to london i'm booking, so that's very nice of them. i might ask for a fred perry bag or shirt, but that's it. no video games this year.
cooper, today you remind me of a small mexican chihuahua
luke
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 9

Postby SparkyIII » Wed Oct 22, '08, 7:49 am

Meh, I'd ask for video games, but I think the Sega Genesis and turbografx are a bit outdated, even the ps2 is looking rather thin on good games any more. I want a camera, and a watch, and possibly a phone, maybe some new clothes to match my "possible" new look when I get my braces off in December.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby luke » Thu Oct 23, '08, 3:44 am

new look? you should get some super deep v shirts.
cooper, today you remind me of a small mexican chihuahua
luke
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 9

Re: Christmas Wish List

Postby Flames of Yagami » Thu Dec 9, '10, 4:35 am

This topic has been dead for a while now, guess I should bump it up for 2010...

I want to get some good games like Red Dead Redemption or Sonic Colors, and some cash (or gift cards) of course :mrgreen:, but what I really want is a new laptop since my old one broke in August, which I guess was not only a good thing, since it was running on *cough* Vista *cough*, but also bad since now I have to use my iPod Touch to do things on the Internet, which gets annoying after a while.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby Tanith » Thu Dec 9, '10, 6:12 am

I have no idea what to tell family members when they ask me what I want for Christmas. If it didn't come across as rude, I'd tell them not to get me anything and spend the money on themselves, save it, give it to charity, etc.

I finally told a couple of the in-laws that I wanted socks. I might be the only person in the world that enjoys getting socks as a present.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Dec 9, '10, 3:45 pm

All I want is to spend time with my family. Right now, that'll be a better gift then any material thing could be. 9 days before I head back to Boston then home for almost 3 weeks. Can't wait. If I HAD to ask for a material thing, though, maybe art supplies and some nice winter clothes for work.

Heck, I'm considering bagging up some stuff I don't want anymore and giving it to Goodwill or another charity just to clean up some clutter here. I really do want to simplify my life and live with less.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Dec 9, '10, 11:16 pm

Caged Wolf wrote: I really do want to simplify my life and live with less.

Same here. I want to try and do that also. Sometimes I think we get bogged down with too many "things". I can think of many things I'd like to have but not many I really need.
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Fri Dec 10, '10, 10:30 am

I have no idea of what to ask for as a gift this year. I don't feel right asking for anything really, as I know lots of people have had a hard time with the weak economy. They might need the money for something more important.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby MrKite » Sun Dec 12, '10, 4:38 am

A 64 gig iPod Touch and a new computer monitor. That's it.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Next

Return to Holidays