Christmas Trees

Celebrating all those special times in each year.

Postby Thoul » Fri Nov 30, '07, 4:07 am

I have never seen a tree with candles on it. They probably wouldn't be allowed here for fear that the tree would catch fire and burn a house down. That happens with a lot electric lights when people use too many.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby heinzel » Fri Nov 30, '07, 4:51 am

Thoul wrote:I have never seen a tree with candles on it. They probably wouldn't be allowed here for fear that the tree would catch fire and burn a house down. That happens with a lot electric lights when people use too many.

impossible :eyebrow: unbelievable! :o :cry:
I'll try to find some photos for you!

At home we never had any electric candles on the tree.
And as I said we never had any (big) problems with it . None wit kids or pets.
Only if the tree is very dry , and the candle holder becomes very hot,
or the candlewick is still burning after all the wax is cone and falls out of the holder, we had some little fire. :fiery:
But this happens only if the candles and the holders are poor quality.

And the tree is never unintended because is to beautiful for not being watched. :tree:

We have some electric candles /rice lights/light strings (I don't know the right English word for it :oops: )
on other plants/trees and it looks very beautiful.
But after Xmas this plants don't look that good like before Xmas.
You have to be very careful where you place each of the dozens lights.

And as you said too much electric decoration can also be very dangerous

I promise: I ll post some pictures soon. :santa:

To all members: I'd like to see some pictures of your Xmas trees.
last years ! 'cause I don't want to wait so long.
heinzel
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 8

Postby Neithird » Sun Dec 2, '07, 4:34 pm

I've never taken any pictures of our trees, sorry.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby SparkyIII » Mon Dec 3, '07, 12:01 am

Hmm, i'd need a digital camera or a scanner to show you.

White and red christmas lights are now out of the question, we didn't like the marshmallow white, I think were gonna use LED's now, they don't get hot, they last longer, and they aren't as electric consuming.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Dec 3, '07, 6:53 pm

I have heard of Christmas Trees with lighted candles and such on them. I guess that is the way that people used to have lighted Christmas Trees before electricity was invented, if you think about it. I think I have seen programs with Trees with Candles on them. It is very dangerous though, I think, and probably not used so much today, atleast in North America. I can imagine it would be very beautiful though.

We do have a few pictures of our Christmas Trees from past years, however, the pictures turned out so dark that you can not even tell the real beauty of the tree. That is sad, too, but we just haven't been able to capture that real beauty as yet. I think decorated Christmas Trees with blinking lights are one of the most beautiful sights ever seen. :tree:
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Atolm » Mon Dec 3, '07, 10:52 pm

No Christmas tree this year. We live in a small apartment and just do not have the room, even with a small fake one the cats would gladly rip it up.
Dark Force: This is the best chocolate cupcake EVAR! *stuffs face*
Atolm
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 27

Postby SparkyIII » Mon Dec 3, '07, 11:24 pm

A picture of a Christmas tree. And then you can imagine yourself opening presents by it. XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby heinzel » Tue Dec 4, '07, 8:50 am

heinzel wrote:I promise: I ll post some pictures soon. :santa:

As promised the first picture of a Xmas with real candles.

I have the problem that the most pictures my family has are in Germany and I am living in China Kunming.
And the pictures are mostly not digital.
Thus this sounds like a job for my father: scanning and sending it.
So please be patient. :bored:
heinzel
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 8

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Dec 4, '07, 6:25 pm

Is that a giant egg?!? lol

SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Dec 4, '07, 6:44 pm

Yeah, what is that large white thing? It does kinda look like an egg.

Beautiful Christmas tree, Heinzel, and the candles are lovely also. Thanks for sharing the picture with us. :santa:
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

PreviousNext

Return to Holidays