Christmas Cards

Celebrating all those special times in each year.

Christmas Cards

Postby Thoul » Fri Dec 7, '07, 12:00 am

Are you sending out any Christmas cards this year? If so, when do you plan to send them and what do they look like?

I'm planning to send a few out, but so far I haven't actually picked the cards out yet. I guess I need to do that in the next couple of days if I don't want them to be late this year!
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Dec 7, '07, 3:41 am

I'm sending out a few cards to family and friends. Some cards have fun themes (snowmen, trees, cats with Santa Hats, Christmas scenes, etc.) and some are religious types (with the baby Jesus, Mary, Joseph, the nativity, etc.)

I'd like to send out more cards every year but it is becoming very expensive to do so with the price of postage stamps, not to mention how expensive some of the cards can be. Still, it is fun to do. :santa:
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Atolm » Fri Dec 7, '07, 4:40 am

I hope to as well, but as always I cannot guarantee it. :)
Dark Force: This is the best chocolate cupcake EVAR! *stuffs face*
Atolm
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 27

Postby SparkyIII » Fri Dec 7, '07, 6:17 am

I don't think we ever send out cards, ours come with the presents, to match them more, it makes it all the much easier.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Rudo » Fri Dec 7, '07, 7:40 pm

No cards. Too much trouble.
Rudo
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 192

Postby Neithird » Sun Dec 9, '07, 2:20 am

I might send a few cards to close family, but that's all.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Dec 9, '07, 3:00 am

Speaking of Christmas Cards, I always like to see the postmarks on the Christmas Cards each year and see where they are from, how far they have come and if they were postmarked somewhere with a Christmassy name.

There are many real places with Christmas related names such as "Santaville" (just for an example) which are so cute that lots of people have their cards sent there first for a special Christmas postmark from that town and then sent to whomever the card was intended for. Has anyone here ever done that, or received a card postmarked from a special named place?

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Dec 24, '07, 4:20 am

Just wondering what you do with all the Christmas Cards you have received from friends, family, etc.? Do you display them out so everyone can see them or just keep them close by? We always put ours on the inside door so we can see them during the Christmas season and then we take them down and put them up to keep.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby SparkyIII » Mon Dec 24, '07, 7:12 am

We put them on our front door this year, strange, i've never seen christmas cards before at our house, i hope we sent cards too! They're laid out in the shape of a christmas tree.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Tue Dec 25, '07, 12:37 am

We also put them up on the door or wall each year. Sometimes we keep them, sometimes we don't.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Next

Return to Holidays