A Blue Christmas

Celebrating all those special times in each year.

A Blue Christmas

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Dec 21, '07, 9:21 pm

Are you having a "blue" Christmas this year? Sometimes the holidays can be a bit much for people to take and they feel sad, lonely, and filled with despair during this time which by all accounts should be a time of fun, joy, and promise.

There are many reasons why people may feel sad during the holidays ranging from a recent or memorable death in the family, stress and pressure at home or work, financial troubles, depression, sickness, etc., etc., etc.

Well, some churches are now having "Blue Christmas services" where they minister to people that are in pain during this time of year especially. They sing songs and hear messages that will hopefully uplift their spirits and give them a release for their sadness, and just help people to feel better.

Speaking for myself, I love Christmas, but it has always been a bit of a sad time for me too. Many years ago when I was very young, my GrandFather passed away on Dec. 26, the day after Christmas. He had been sick for a good while and was sick on Christmas Day also. I remember that Christmas as being a very quiet and somber one, but my family also took time to give me presents (as I was looking for Santa to come). Now years later, I always feel a bit sad on the day after Christmas and remember my grandpa and that one special Christmas.

Anyone else have any memories or thoughts of "blue" Christmases?
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Fri Dec 21, '07, 9:36 pm

I usually feel pretty good around Christmas. I've had a relative die around this time as well, but I was not close to them so I only remember it when someone brings something like this up.

Well, some churches are now having "Blue Christmas services" where they minister to people that are in pain during this time of year especially. They sing songs and hear messages that will hopefully uplift their spirits and give them a release for their sadness, and just help people to feel better.

Interesting! I've never heard of that happening before. It's a good thing, I think. I hope it will make some people feel happier about the holidays.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Dec 21, '07, 10:01 pm

Yeah, I had never heard of it either until I heard it on the news today. I think it is interesting and probably quite helpful to a lot of people who are feeling sad during this time of year. Here's a link to read more:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16302137/

Silver_Surfer1

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Dec 23, '07, 8:27 am

Hmm, White, Blue, Such thing as a Black Christmas? I capped nearly that whole sentance. XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Neithird » Sun Dec 23, '07, 2:15 pm

There's a horror movie called Black Christmas. According to Wiki, it's a slasher flick, so I guess a Black Christmas is when someone you know is in a scary movie. :p
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Dec 23, '07, 7:09 pm

Awww, I thought it would be like, the sun never comes up! XD Then the people in California get free newspapers!!

XDlolrofl
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Re: A Blue Christmas

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Dec 1, '22, 9:09 pm

Remembering that not everyone is happy at Christmas time for whatever reason! The Holidays can be sad times for many people.

Here's hoping that the light and joy of the Christmas Holiday Spirit may brighten your days if you are feeling down or sad. :dove:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby myau56 » Mon Dec 5, '22, 1:29 pm

Yes some people are sad for Christmas alas... :(
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Dec 9, '23, 6:37 pm

2023 Christmas season and I think many are having a "blue Christmas" feeling at some point in this season. We can't be happy all the time no matter how much we try. Life happens!

Silver_Surfer1

Return to Holidays