Choosing the next Lutz...

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Postby newsblade » Thu Jan 10, '08, 1:25 am

I agree with Thoul.
He used that before the fall of technology... and besides that
“Cryogen” was out-of-date for Lutz the moment he saw that new protectors could do the job... and if in 1000 years after PS1 they appeared, in the next 1000years (PS4) there would be other ones... so what good would be watching over Algol sleeping inside a box
when he could have his memories always active inside a ball being able to choose the proper lutz when needed? He knew waking up once every ten years was not enough... he needed new lutzes watching over Algol and developing their skills during a significant and consecutive amount of time.
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Shinuzzo » Thu Jan 10, '08, 5:16 am

Thoul wrote:I think Lutz lifespan was largely reliant on the cryogenic tube he had. Maybe it failed with the fall of technology, or perhaps the successors didn't use it as much.

Oh yeah and if the successors all become Lutz at 15, that means the second one was born around the time of Phantasy Star 2.

How do you get that? I'm not disagreeing, but I'm not sure what your basis for this is.

The Compendium says that Lutz died in AW 1299.
Shinuzzo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 25

Postby newsblade » Thu Jan 10, '08, 12:51 pm

Telepathy ball can wait many many years before finding the next Lutz (maybe decades, maybe centuries).
It's not necessary to happen in a way like this: "Oh no! Lutz is death! Quick TeleBall, find another one!"

I believe Lutz2-4 didn't used the cryogenic "technique" (like Lutz did... and that won't make them any less powerful).
In PS4 it has passed almost a thousand years since Lutz1 died (1299)... so it is probably that Lutz2 didn't appear in the same century as Lutz1(according to what I said about telepathy ball being able to store lutz memories for a long period of time).

I think this idea would make the "choose of the next lutz" a more special/selective thing. Otherwise almost everyone with 15yrs is in condition to become Lutz - the criteria would be something like being around in the mansion when Lutz were dying.
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Thoul » Sun Jan 13, '08, 11:33 pm

Shinuzzo wrote:The Compendium says that Lutz died in AW 1299.

Ah, I must have missed that. It's been a long time since I read it.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Previous

Return to Phantasy Star IV