McDonald's or Burger King?

Warning: Talking about food might make you hungry. ;)

McDonald's or Burger King?

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Oct 18, '14, 7:13 pm

Which do you prefer...McDonald's burgers, fries, chicken nuggets, etc., or Burger King Burgers, Fries, Onion Rings, etc.?
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: McDonald's or Burger King?

Postby Snorb » Sat Oct 18, '14, 11:48 pm

If I were a few years (read: one full decade) younger, I would say "or???" in this case.

Problem is, I can't rewrite the reality that I'm four days away from turning thirty, and would kinda prefer to drop about a third of the weight I have now because I am a disgusting fatbody who eats too much Taco Bell I think it'll be healthier for me.

Now that we're past the depressing part of this post, the Legit Answer time! XD

Burger King has much better burgers, fries, and onion rings than McDonald's will ever churn out. (The fact that BK has on their menu board a cheeseburger with two onion rings, barbecue sauce, and zero pickle that only costs ~$1 may bias me towards the King e'er-so-slightly.)

Of course, the preferred burgers of D&D-playing Snorbs everywhere (...all one of them) are Five Guys or White Castle, but those aren't on the menu board. =p
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Icecypher » Sun Oct 19, '14, 1:05 am

I do not know about the US and Canada, but here in Mexico I would think that question would be a joke. Even though the marketing or McDonald's is better and traps dumb kids, I do not think anyone would really like their "food" over Burger King's.

The only thing I have liked from McDonald's my whole life are the ice cones and some sliced potatoes (not french fries, but bigger slices). Everything else is simply not good.

Once, a friend from work chose the place for lunch and we had to go to McD. I thought, if anything, I would order a Big Mac. Imagine my surprise when I am given a very small package, inside of which was McD's biggest burger... Not much larger than a cookie.

Now, Burger King has (in my opinion) better ingredients and more choices (even if I could not have it "my way"). The meat tastes better (like real meat) and the burgers are real-life-sized. Bigger, in some cases. I love their onion rings and their crisscut fries.
ImageImageImageImage
Phantasy Star fan art
deviantART - Blogspot
Icecypher
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 63

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Oct 19, '14, 1:25 am

Neither - I don't do fast food and quite honestly, these joints are actually sort of difficult to find here in Boston. The McDonald's in Central Square basically has tried to disguise itself to blend in better and it seems to do okay. To be honest, if I want a burger or a sandwich, there a lot of places around here where you can get one that's just as fast and way better. Five Guys, Panera Bred, Tasty Burger and In-and-Out Burger are just a few examples.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Return to Delectable Delicacies