Cell Phones

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Cell Phones

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Dec 12, '09, 9:01 pm

Here's a story about a teen who accumulated a $21,900 Cell Phone bill:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... ll-bill-/1

Wow!!!!! :yikes:

How about you? Do you have a cell phone? Have you ever gotten a very expensive bill?

I don't have a cell phone yet, but I've been thinking about getting one. They seem to be everywhere you look these days. People use them when they are driving, when they are walking around shopping in stores, etc. Some people just don't seem to be able to do without them. I don't know it just looks like they could be annoying sometimes.

Comments or Opinions????
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Cell Phones

Postby PathfinderCS » Sat Dec 12, '09, 10:39 pm

I'm one of the few people in America who has no cell phone, and as my area (the southern coalfields of West Virginia) has no service period, then it's useless for me to have one.

If we did have service, then I'd consider it.
"I'd say the sky's the limit!" - Spyro
PathfinderCS
Agent
Agent

Location: With the stars, sailing the blackness of the universe.
Achievements: 20

Postby Darkil » Sun Dec 13, '09, 3:49 am

I certainly have a cell phone [Blackberry Storm 2 :mrgreen: ] It certainly comes in handy, like the time when my car died and I was in the middle of nowhere and needed someone to come get me. It can definitely become a hassle if you abuse it, but that goes with anything. I've never seen a bill that high before, obviously the teen was duped in a plan that paid by the minute and plus the teen had no idea how long they were using it. I prefer a seemingly expensive, but unlimited or near unlimited plan. Keeps me out of trouble :yes:
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Abominae » Wed Jan 13, '10, 7:20 pm

I live in San Antonio Texas and we have two cell phone brands competing for the "bang for your buck" service providers: Cricket & Pocket. Both offer rates starting at $25 ($30 with taxes) for unlimited local calling, text messaging and something else (I forget what). So cell phones are pretty common here. And I don't have one. I would get one if work were steady, but it's not, so... :yell:
Abominae
Hunter
Hunter

Achievements: 27

Return to Casual Conversation