Malanda Falls Photos

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Malanda Falls Photos

Postby Lucas » Fri May 28, '10, 3:06 pm

Okay big thanks to Xander for refreshing my memory. I took these photos last year when my family and I went to Malanda Falls for a holiday in October. It really is lovely up there. The country gets very different when you travel up to north QLD. Everything just turns green. Basically Malanda falls is a huge set of water falls that branch out from the rainforest and into a large swimming hole. Here are a few pics I took:

This is the water fall. You can see it really good from the road above as well. That is also the swimming hole. But it was way to cold to hop in so we never went in.

Nice collection of green rainforest trees and a concrete bridge. It’s actually bigger than it looks when you walk across it.

This here is a small creek that branches off from the swimming hole. It’s full of small fresh water fish. Some random fella told us platypuses can be found in these creeks. But we never found any. :down:

This one will probably appeal to CW since she likes her birds. I caught this bush turkey as it ran past us. I see these guys all the time though. One lives in my suburb; I see it nearly every week. They can definitely run fast…not fast enough from the camera though. :wink:

So yeah if anyone is planning on going to Australia I’d recommend Malanda falls be a stop. It also has a place with cabins and villas so families can stay there. See my country isn’t that red anymore is it. :lol:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Re: Malanda Falls Photos

Postby Xander » Fri May 28, '10, 3:45 pm

Hey nice photos Lucas. I'm always up for seeing pics of waterfalls, so thanks for sharing that one. :up:

I think Platypus' are normally very elusive buggers, so you'd need to hunker down and wait for one to show up to get a photo. Though if a lot of people go there then they're probably used to them too. Either way, good stuff. :)
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri May 28, '10, 4:18 pm

Yay, birds! Yeah, that's a cool bird alright...don't see 'em around here, though. ;)
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Thoul » Fri May 28, '10, 9:46 pm

That's a really beautiful place. Greats pictures Lucas, thanks for sharing them. :) I wish we had a waterfall that nice in my area.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Jun 1, '10, 4:59 pm

Lovely photos, Lucas. Thanks for sharing. It looks like a fascinating and fun place to visit. Enjoyed seeing the Turkey bird also.
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Return to Casual Conversation