Page 1 of 2  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Chillin' at the pool

Chillin' at the pool

View Gallery Page

Post subject: Chillin' at the pool
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, '11, 10:19 pm 
Ok, time for my latest piece of artwork Despite currently being comatose, there's nothing stopping me from drawing this one, is there?

Anyway, very experimental artwork here, with tons of new stuff. Enjoy. ^^

Post subject: Re: Chillin' at the pool
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, '11, 11:17 pm 
I'm pretty sure this is your best Claire picture yet, and not just because she's showing off skin. It looks great, the proportions of the body seem quite realistic, the distorted reflections and images in the water are very well done. I love it!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, '11, 3:00 am 
Wow, this is really fantastic! I agree, the reflections in the water and everything else is just amazingly well done and so realistic. Claire is perfection! She really has a great figure without her usual gown. You've done a terrific job drawing all her features. Is that a nod to A4 (Jen) in regards to the lifeguard? :) I also like the postcard type background, etc., you've used. Very unique. The "wish you were here" makes me think of Flynn and if he could see Claire right now, he would definetely want to be there. :yes:

Excellent!!! :clap:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, '11, 2:31 pm 
Thanks guys. ^^

Yes, A4 gave me the idea for the picture, hence the name. I'd been having a pretty hard time as far as drawing and other stuff was concerned at the time, so this seemed to clear up that little problem. Art block sucks. ><

Anyway I can see the quality maybe isn't as great as it should be, since I resized a high resolution PNG to a low resolution JEPG, so here's a slightly higher resolution PNG. Or it could be this horrible laptop display... In any case:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, '11, 6:04 pm 
Looks great, it makes me wanna try and do more Celeith at the beach photo's myself.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, '11, 12:12 pm 
Wow, she's hot!!! :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, '11, 12:40 pm 
Glad you like it Rudo. :p

Kaloes, maybe you should. Give it a go and see how it turns out. ^^

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, '11, 12:14 pm 
Nice colors, shades and effects. You are making better and better backgrounds, which is a great advancement. Simple portraits are good, but placing characters are over "realistic" backgrounds give them a new life.

I'd just like to point that, IMO, her proportions suffered a bit in this drawing (the arms and the hip), but the rest is excellent.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, '11, 8:23 pm 
God, that makes me wish I were at the pool or the beach right now!!! :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, '11, 5:28 am 
Very nice work on the water effect...I just think her bikini could be in a different colour, it would improve all the other tones in the picture. But the rest is very good, fairly good style!

Page 1 of 2  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next