Cheat codes!

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Re: Cheat codes!

Postby hugues » Sat Jun 5, '10, 7:56 pm

Rick wrote:Someone should hack RHYS into Lashute and see what they say.

Nothing special - it's the same dialog that all the 3rd generation characters get. If you assemble all the Nei weapons and win then he gets Sean's ending. I have a tool here that makes it pretty easy to hack a save state to get access to LaShute from any generation: http://huguesjohnson.com/power-ups/
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Tsunami » Mon Jun 7, '10, 7:32 am

hugues wrote:
Tsunami wrote:Mostly everything. There are still limitations (i.e. text strings).
Aridia can edit every string in the game. It doesn't have string expansion or text pointer modifications though.
I knew it could edit text strings, but lemme clarify. ^^;; The text string comment, I was under the impression that what you could have a character say in dialogue was limited to [x] amount of characters. A lot of terms when it comes to hacking and whatnot often go over my head, I'll admit it. :D

I checked out Aridia to see what was new and I was impressed with how much more you can edit with it now. :) I think all it's missing is sprite/tile editing. Will the contents of chests be changeable in the future, or is it something that can't be hacked so easily? :?
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby hugues » Fri Jun 11, '10, 1:55 am

Tsunami wrote:I knew it could edit text strings, but lemme clarify. ^^;; The text string comment, I was under the impression that what you could have a character say in dialogue was limited to [x] amount of characters. A lot of terms when it comes to hacking and whatnot often go over my head, I'll admit it. :D

That's correct - if a particular dialog is [x] characters then you can't increase the size without overflowing into the next entry. This is because each dialog in the game points to a starting address for the text. Until I decipher how to re-map those pointers it's limited to keeping strings the same or shorter but not longer.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Previous

Return to Classic Series