Chaz Ashley

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

What are your thoughts on Chaz?

He's my favorite character in PSIV
21%
Meh, he's okay
79%
He's my least favorite character
No votes

Total votes : 14

Re: Chaz Ashley

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Jun 21, '09, 3:23 pm

XxEnslavedNekoxX wrote:Most characters these days don't seem to grow up in the fashion that he did. You mostly see them after the horrible event has happened and therefore, there isn't too much more they can actually grow.

Play Mother 3.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Erpy » Sun Jun 21, '09, 9:27 pm

He goes from following, to taking the lead, to thinking that it's all for nothing, to finally realizing that he has a job to do and that is to protect the inhabitants of the Algo Solar System.

That's actually another thing I kinda liked about PS4. At first Chaz is simply following Alys around and stands by on the sidelines a bit while she makes the decisions, hogs the attention and acts as the spokesman. In most RPG's I've played, the main lead is centerstage right from the start rather than moving into that spot after the first apparant lead leaves.
Erpy
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 26

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Jun 21, '09, 10:06 pm

Erpy wrote:That's actually another thing I kinda liked about PS4. At first Chaz is simply following Alys around and stands by on the sidelines a bit while she makes the decisions, hogs the attention and acts as the spokesman. In most RPG's I've played, the main lead is centerstage right from the start rather than moving into that spot after the first apparant lead leaves.

Agreed. I'd like to see it done more, but PSIV isn't the only case of that. It's also done in...Mother 3. You only get a brief little prologue 'learn controls/mechanics' thing with Lucas, then three whole chapters where you have to play as someone else before getting to chapter 4 and playing as Lucas the remainder of the game. It's a mechanic that I give a thumbs up to in PSIV and Mother 3, and would love to see used more where it fits. It adds a bit of a surprise element as at first, you aren't quite sure who the lead is in both PSIV and Mother 3. Though I can see it being done quite badly. Something I'd rather see developers consider carefully before doing it rather than using it for the sake of itself.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Previous

Return to Phantasy Star IV