Rune's travels

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Rune's travels

Postby Thoul » Sun Jul 8, '07, 4:11 am

In PSIV, we meet Rune on Motavia, but later learn that he's also been to Dezo. In fact, he was probably born and raised there. There's a little plot hole there that was never explained, though. Travel between the two planets hasn't been available for about a thousand years. How do you think Rune managed to get from one planet to another? Did he have a ship he wasn't revealing or some secret magic spell?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Rune's travels

Postby Tsunami » Sun Jul 8, '07, 7:15 am

I think it was magic. Lutz had the power to teleport Rolf and the others to Noah, so couldn't Rune tap into that power to go between Dezo and Motavia?
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Neithird » Sun Jul 8, '07, 9:38 pm

It's probably a spell, but they should have explained it. If he had the same power as Lutz, he could have just teleported the party from planet to planet - they should have never needed a ship.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby The $ Avenger » Mon Jul 9, '07, 2:39 am

Yeah, they should have explained it for sure, but I don't see how it could be anything other than magic, (unless Rune was holding out on us and had his own ship!)

I can't remember, but didn't he stay on Motavia at the end? I would've figured he want to go back to Esper Mansion.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Jul 9, '07, 5:13 am

Well, if that's the case then where could he have hid the ship? I mean you can see just about everywhere on Motavia except for a few places. So it is most likely that magic is what he used to travel, most likely like he and Grandfather Dorin did to get across the quicksand while heading to Ladea Tower.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Shinuzzo » Tue Jul 10, '07, 3:45 am

Better question, how does Shir manage to do it? Did she steal a prototype miniature teleporter or something?
Shinuzzo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 25

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Jul 10, '07, 7:01 am

hmm.. I don't know, I haven't really thought about it
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Tsunami » Tue Jul 10, '07, 8:17 am

Shinuzzo wrote:Better question, how does Shir manage to do it? Did she steal a prototype miniature teleporter or something?

It is amazing how she can get back to Motavia after stealing from the poor Dezolians. :p Perhaps she flaps her arms, as Raja in PSIV joking said to Chaz and company? :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Neithird » Tue Jul 10, '07, 10:03 pm

I would guess that Shir has a small ship of her own. She's supposed to be from the most wealthy family on Motavia, so she should be able to afford it. We know she doesn't care much about law, so the ban on space travel would not much to her.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Thoul » Tue Jul 10, '07, 11:34 pm

Trenzer wrote:Well, if that's the case then where could he have hid the ship? I mean you can see just about everywhere on Motavia except for a few places.

Well, look at all the hidden places Demi and Wren knew about. The machine center, spaceports, and Nurvus were all buried until one of them made those places rise above the sand or snow. Rune's ship, if he had one, could be hidden in a similar place.

The Komrade wrote:I can't remember, but didn't he stay on Motavia at the end? I would've figured he want to go back to Esper Mansion.

Yeah, he stayed on Motavia. He still had the Psycho Wand, so I imagine he wanted to put it and the Aero-Prism back in storage.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Next

Return to Phantasy Star IV