Charlie Sheen fired?!

Discussion of television, movies, and other forms of moving pictures.

Charlie Sheen fired?!

Postby Atlinsmere » Thu Mar 10, '11, 5:27 am

Yes, it appears so. Charlie Sheen from Two and a Half Men has been fired.

I feel like saying more, but the following two links can pretty much sum everything up...

Article One
Article Two

Thoughts on the matter?
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Re: Charlie Sheen fired?!

Postby H-Man » Thu Mar 10, '11, 11:59 am

I find his rants, or at least what I read of them, quite amusing. He's surely a unique figure in the entertainment industry, even though I disagree with a number of his moral decisions. There's no denying the man's talent as an actor however. But talent is not enough in this world.
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby Thoul » Thu Mar 10, '11, 3:15 pm

I can't say I'm surprised he was fired. This is not something I generally keep tabs on, but it's difficult to go to an entertainment site lately and not see something about Sheen's self-destructive behavior. Getting involved with drugs and the wrong crowd has been the downfall of many an entertainer. Eventually those influences impact on the job performance. Sadly, he's not the first person dismissed from a TV show for these reasons.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tweeg » Fri Mar 11, '11, 2:13 am

String Fellow Hawk (Airwolf), not a clue wht the actors real name was, but he's the only other hollywood actor I can remember being fired over drug use. I mean, just look at some of the current garbage that's on TV these days and you'd think everyone in the TV/Movie industry was strung out on narcodics.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby Thoul » Fri Mar 11, '11, 6:35 pm

Jan-Michael Vincent was his name. Robert John Downey, Jr. had some troubles with this area, too. He's managed a great recovery, so there's proof that issues like this don't have to be the end of a career.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Mar 23, '11, 1:46 am

It's really sad what's happening with Charlie Sheen. I mean the guy almost has it all, or what some might consider his position to be. He's very talented, He's got an awesome job making a fortune that many people just dream about, and he's supposedly got a great family (dad is actor Martin Sheen, brother is actor Emilio Estevez, and there is kids and other family too), and he has recognition/fame almost all over the world. Yet, it just doesn't seem enough. The turmoil this mess is taking on him and his family is just not worth it.

All I can say is that my thoughts and prayers are with him, and his family, that he will get his life straightened out soon.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Mar 23, '11, 1:54 am

Thoul wrote:Jan-Michael Vincent was his name. Robert John Downey, Jr. had some troubles with this area, too. He's managed a great recovery, so there's proof that issues like this don't have to be the end of a career.

I remember "Airwolf" and Jan-Michael Vincent too. Ernest Borgnine was also in there, and later Alex Cord. Great show, especially if you like helicopters and flying, etc. In my opinion, Jan-Michael Vincent was the "Brad Pitt" of the day back then in those years, However, I remember seeing him in some program or something not too long ago and he looked sooooooo old...much older than he should have for his age. :(

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Return to Screen Scene