Wreck It Ralph

Discussion of television, movies, and other forms of moving pictures.

Wreck It Ralph

Postby MrKite » Thu Sep 27, '12, 4:44 am

Only saw one trailer so far, but I also read about the story and all the video game characters that will be making appearances in it, and it sounds like it's going to be awesome! But how come so many companies portray Zangief as a bad guy? Just because he's russian means he's a bad guy?! I hope (Classic Series) Mega Man is going to appear in it. Sonic is gonna be in it.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Re: Wreck It Ralph

Postby Bragatyr » Thu Sep 27, '12, 3:13 pm

It definitely looks like a fun movie. I find the Zangief as a bad guy thing slightly annoying, too, but it made for one of the more memorable lines in the trailer, so that's cool. I'm just glad he's in it, because Zangief is awesome. Also, BOWSER, in a mainstream movie? That is just incredible. Pretty much a must-see for me, for that reason alone.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Flames of Yagami » Sat Sep 29, '12, 5:00 pm

Speaking of Mega Man, I remember seeing Dr. Wily in an early screenshot of the therapy scene, but I couldn't find him in the trailers. I guess Capcom forced Disney to remove him as a part of their "grand" scheme to kill Mega Man they removed him since he looked off-model. The Zangief being evil thing really irks me, but they probably took that from the '94 Street Fighter Movie and the USA cartoon. It's pretty cool to see Sonic too, even though I'm not too fond of Roger Craig Smith compared to his other voices (he is starting to grow on me though, but I digress).

Anyway, this movie is certainly looking awesome and it gives off a Who Framed Roger Rabbit vibe. I'll definitely be seeing this one.
Last edited by Flames of Yagami on Sat Sep 29, '12, 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Oct 2, '12, 3:06 pm

Sounds awesome!! I wouldn't mind seeing this one also.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Mon Oct 22, '12, 7:30 am

I usually don't care much for the computer animated movies in this style, but I've got to check this one out sometime. Just to see all the cameos, if nothing else. I'm glad someone finally got a varied group of game characters together on a screen again.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby R-90-2 » Tue Oct 23, '12, 1:13 pm

As for a comment above, it really is the Who Framed Roger Rabbit of the gaming generation, especially since they use a fair number of the same framing tactics as used in Roger Rabbit. Most notably is having Ralph and Felix be associated with actual, existing characters in order to make them at least seem just as legitimate.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby myau56 » Wed Dec 19, '12, 9:10 am

Seems to be very good and I think I'll go and see it at the cinema sooner or later ! There is not a lot of animation movies based on video games so...
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Thoul » Fri Dec 21, '12, 12:40 am

Did anyone see Wreck It Ralph? If so, what did you think of it?

I still haven't been able to watch the film, but I've read some news reports that say the director wants to put Nintendo's Mario in a sequel. Apparently the film did very well, even breaking a box office record for Disney animated movie opening weekends.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Screen Scene