Sequence breaking

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Sequence breaking

Postby Zio_Falz » Sun Aug 30, '20, 6:55 pm

Has anyone ever attempted or know of sequence breaking in any of the classic games?
Zio_Falz
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 58

Re: Sequence breaking

Postby myau56 » Thu Sep 3, '20, 12:07 pm

No, never for me.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Zio_Falz » Fri Sep 4, '20, 3:59 am

Same. But I do wonder....
Zio_Falz
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby myau56 » Fri Sep 4, '20, 11:41 am

I wonder too ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby ItsTavia » Tue Sep 15, '20, 5:53 pm

Most people seem to know about sequence breaking using escape pipes in Phantasy Star III (Getting told to reset the game at the start of Rhys quest and being able to completely skip Nial's quest so long as you choose Aron's route) However there is a way to continue going through Rhys quest using the escape pipe.

Sell your boots and buy an escape pipe. When Rhys is in jail slowly inch towards the door keep pressing the talk button you want to be as far away from Leia as possible when you initiate dialogue. When you initiate dialogue hold the up button and keep holding until the scene with Leia finally plays out if done correctly Rhys should be stuck at the top of the door opening. You can't move but once the scene is finished you can open the menu, use the escape pipe. You'll be able to loot the dungeon and leave the castle through the technique shop (Where Leia originally leads you). The man blocking the exit of the village is now gone.

There are also more ways to sequence break in Phantasy Star III however it requires a hex editor. While I haven't tried it myself a while ago while looking up Phantasy Star III walkthroughs I did come across this site which goes into some details about how to sequence break the game using the hex editor and shares some interesting results...

Just search up "The Whacky Adventures of Rhys" It should be the first link that pops up.
Heyo it's me I guess. I'm glad to meet ya all (⌒_⌒) People know me as Tavia I do art every once in awhile when I'm not drowning in school work (╥_╥)
ItsTavia
Newcomer
Newcomer

Achievements: 6

Postby Zio_Falz » Thu Sep 17, '20, 1:21 pm

Yeah. I've done the Rhys one. Forgot about it.

There is also a 2nd generation one, thought I forget whether Nial or Ayn. But same concept. I wish I recalled whom exactly. But you use an escapipe, and it takes you to outside Cille castle walls, the last place you saved in the prior generation. Fight King Cille again, and then you are presented with the 2nd gen marriage choices, despite having never met.
Zio_Falz
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Return to Classic Series