Deer Hunting

Companions of all kinds - furry, feathered, fishy and more!

Deer Hunting

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Nov 20, '07, 9:31 pm

What do you think of hunters who go hunting for, and sometimes kill, deers as a sport?

Have you ever been deer hunting, or do you know someone who has?

Do you like to eat venison (deer meat)?
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Nov 20, '07, 10:57 pm

If I have seen the animal before I eat it, I will not eat it. It really does look gross then. Otherwise I can skip past what it used to look like before being killed and brutally cooked. XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Tue Nov 20, '07, 11:02 pm

My father used to hunt, but it's gotten too expensive to do it in recent years. People have made a business, so those hunters that hunt for the meat have a harder time of it.

What do you think of hunters who go hunting for, and sometimes kill, deers as a sport?

If they're doing it for no reason other than the thrill of the kill, I don't approve no matter what animal it is. If there's a greater purpose then it's okay, depending of course on the purpose and if the animal is endangered.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Wed Nov 21, '07, 12:03 am

Thoul wrote:If they're doing it for no reason other than the thrill of the kill, I don't approve no matter what animal it is. If there's a greater purpose then it's okay, depending of course on the purpose and if the animal is endangered.
I agree with this. I've always hated the idea of hunting purely for the sport of it. Now, if they were hunting for the purpose of eating it, then I'd think it was fine.

I've never been deer hunting before, nor would I want to participate in it. However, I do love eating venison.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Wed Nov 21, '07, 12:08 am

Oh, I forgot, I did go with my father once. I found it rather boring, though. I guess I didn't have the patience for it at that time.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby wasku » Wed Nov 21, '07, 12:44 am

I have went once but i just can't stand waiting around hours in the cold for a deer. Too much walking it's just not for me.
wasku
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Nov 21, '07, 5:04 am

I went hunting once, or rather I accompanied someone else who was hunting. It was cold, and I don't like cold at all, lol, however, it was also very beautiful as there was just a bit of snow. We had to be very quite and very still which is not so easy to do, especially if you are not used to it. We did see a group of deer but they were so beautiful we left them unharmed. I don't like the taste of venison at all but others in the family do so when they do hunt, they do it for the food.

I read an article the other day about Hunting or Hunters becoming an endangered species. So many circumstances these days have forced people to stop hunting due to many issues, not the least of which is the expense attached to it as Thoul stated above, but also the fact that many areas that used to be "in the wild" have now become populated forcing the hunters, and the deer, to move elsewhere, if they can find anywhere else to go.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Rudo » Wed Nov 21, '07, 6:02 am

I am appalled at even the very thought of anyone killing anything, especially helpless animals. Hunting should be outlawed everywhere and the habit should become extinct. :grumpy:
Rudo
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 192

Postby Neithird » Wed Nov 21, '07, 9:20 pm

Hunting for sport of any kind is bad. I don't see how anyone could stand to hurt the poor deer. :( Human expansion is already destroying all of their homes, isn't that bad enough?

Rudo wrote:I am appalled at even the very thought of anyone killing anything, especially helpless animals. Hunting should be outlawed everywhere and the habit should become extinct. :grumpy:

I guess you're a vegetarian?
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby heinzel » Thu Nov 29, '07, 5:22 am

Neithird wrote:Hunting for sport of any kind is bad. I don't see how anyone could stand to hurt the poor deer. :( Human expansion is already destroying all of their homes, isn't that bad enough?

Rudo wrote:I am appalled at even the very thought of anyone killing anything, especially helpless animals. Hunting should be outlawed everywhere and the habit should become extinct. :grumpy:

I guess you're a vegetarian?

I agree.

My first thought I've discovered the thread was:
Hunting is sick!

My second thought(after reading the first posts):
If it's not for sport, fun ... but it's for "a greater purpose then it's okay"
But what would be the greater purpose?

Finally:
I think it's worst to breed animals under unimaginable conditions like it's common/usual today.
That's giving birth to creatures/beeings and torturing them all their lifte time. And then call it 'human'!
The animal being hunted probably had a much better life.

And even "worser than worse" is that i still like eating meat!

I read somewhere that the word vegetarian is Indian and that it means "to stupid to hunt"

Why is pig meat called pork and not pig meat. (did you see the film Babe?)
(compare the IQ of pigs and the "mans best friend dog)
Why is cow meat called beef?
Whats Bambi's meat called?
heinzel
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 8

Next

Return to Amazing Animals