Castlevania producer Koji Igarashi leaves Konami

Discussion of news stories dealing with gaming.

Re: Castlevania producer Koji Igarashi leaves Konami

Postby S4Blade » Sat Mar 22, '14, 11:00 pm

myau56 wrote:I've never been a huge Castlevania fan and I've never finished any one of them ! (yes shhame on me !!!) even if I've tasted or played a lot of them ! I've particularly played the 3 DS games and they were great indeed :)
Honestly, I've never tested the N64 games but the "reviews" about them are often very negative : were they so bad at all ?

My advice to you is to get the 3 DS Castlevania games and play them all the way through, you won't be sorry. I'd also recommend the 3 on GBA as well. While I'm at it, I might as well recommend Symphony of the Night too :wink:
Last edited by S4Blade on Sat Mar 22, '14, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby Bragatyr » Sun Mar 23, '14, 1:09 am

myau, have you ever tried any of the traditional Castlevanias, like the first three on NES, IV for the SNES, or Rondo of Blood? They're pretty much all really good, for different reasons, except arguably II, but even II is fun, and a neat precursor to the Metroidvania style of games they started with Symphony of the Night.

As far as the N64 games, yeah, they didn't do too well critically, largely because of bad camera systems and frustrating level design, but I think they're really good and healthily challenging games. They also have amazing orchestral soundtracks.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby myau56 » Sun Mar 23, '14, 4:45 pm

VistaBlade wrote:
myau56 wrote:I've never been a huge Castlevania fan and I've never finished any one of them ! (yes shhame on me !!!) even if I've tasted or played a lot of them ! I've particularly played the 3 DS games and they were great indeed :)
Honestly, I've never tested the N64 games but the "reviews" about them are often very negative : were they so bad at all ?

My advice to you is to get the 3 DS Castlevania games and play them all the way through, you won't be sorry. I'd also recommend the 3 on GBA as well. While I'm at it, I might as well recommend Symphony of the Night too :wink:

ou know, like I've said in one of my old posts on this subject...I've played the 3 castlevania on DS and i still have them ! But I've never finished them :) One day maybe ! Sorry, I have surely write it a an bad way ! Sorry ! ^^ And I have got the gba games too and that is the same : I've never finished them !

Same for Syumphony of the Night and I know that it's a crime not to have never finished it :(

BRAGATYR : yes I've tasted quasi all the old ones ! And especially Super Castlevania on Super Nintendo :) But the same apply to all of these games : never finished ! :(
Yes the second is VERY strange and I'm not a big fan of it (even if I love Metroid...)
About the N64 Castlevania's, I'll try to listen to their OST ! I've heard about the bad cameras angles...
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby S4Blade » Mon Mar 24, '14, 11:24 am

I briefly tried the Castlevania games on N64 and I didn't like them at all. I didn't see the point in wasting my time with them when there are so many good 2D Castlevania games out there.

myau56 I have a question for you. What is it about the Castlevania games that makes you stop playing them? No offense or anything, I'm just curious, because I know when I start playing one, it's almost impossible for me to stop until I'm finished with it.
Last edited by S4Blade on Mon Mar 24, '14, 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby myau56 » Tue Mar 25, '14, 8:36 pm

VistaBlade wrote:I briefly tried the Castlevania games on N64 and I didn't like them at all. I didn't see the point in wasting my time with them when there are so many good 2D Castlevania games out there.

myau56 I have a question for you. What is it about the Castlevania games that makes you stop playing them? No offense or anything, I'm just curious, because I know when I start playing one, it's almost impossible for me to stop until I'm finished with it.

I can understand your point of view concerning the Castlevania's on N64 but...why exactly you didn't like them ? (a question for you too !)

And I'll answer to your question ! And there is absolutely no problem about asking it ! (And answer it ;) ) No offense at all ^^
In fact there is absolutely none at all that makes me stop playing them ! It's the same for MANY games as I've started a lot of games and I haven't finished a LOT of them ! That's all :) Not enough time to finish all unfortunately... :( But I've had fun playing them and who knows ? Maybe one day I'll finish one of them ? ^^
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Previous

Return to In the News