Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, '10, 9:12 pm 
The newest game in the "Castlevania" series, called "Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow" is due out in October:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... titialskip

Any fans of the "Castlevania" series here?

Anyone looking forward to playing this game?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, '10, 11:16 pm 
I've been tracking this game for awhile now and I'm actually impressed that the creators of Castlevania are still making great old school games, unlike that horror they call Castlevania Judgement for the Wii.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, '10, 4:13 pm 
I just saw a really long trailer for Lords of Shadows. I was never very interested in the gameplay of the old Castlevania titles, but the mythology always fascinated me. This one seems to have that in spades. If it does make it to the US, I'm going to have to check this one out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, '10, 4:29 pm 
I'm rather skeptical about this game. From what I've read this is the team's first Castlevania game, and their previous titles haven't been succesful. In fact, my love for Castlevania belongs to those that came before Symphony of the Night, in which "Metroidvania" (non-linear exploration with RPG elements) became the prime type of the following games.

Last edited by Solar on Fri Sep 17, '10, 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, '10, 4:41 pm 
Castlevania isn't something I got into until the past couple of years, but it's good fun. :) I'll be watching this one.

Thoul, there's an english trailer for it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGEXnyx6 ... re=related

So it looks like it's coming to the US and other places too.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, '10, 8:03 pm 
Ah, thanks, Xander. It's good to know it is coming to the US. Sounds like Patrick Stewart is doing some voice work too, which makes the game more interesting. He's rarely attached to a truly bad project.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, '10, 10:18 pm 
Here's another trailer for the game. This one makes me want it even more. It looks like there's a lot of new stuff, but also some respect to the old games, too.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, '10, 7:49 am 
Recognize the music that starts at 00:28 of that trailer? Dracula battle from Super Castlevania IV. I approve of that. Shivers.

Last edited by Solar on Thu Sep 30, '10, 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, '10, 9:09 pm 
Ah, is that where it's from? It struck me as something I should be familiar with, but I couldn't place it. It's nice to know why. It's always great when a sequel has homages to previous games' music like that.

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]